The Magento Application Engineer (AE) develops quality software that meets the functional and non-functional project requirements in the implementation, enhancement and support of ecommerce platform centric projects. This includes producing application code on-time, on-budget, and in compliance with Capgemini DCX practice implementation standards & practices as well as general industry & platform-specific best practices.
AE’s are helping to solve complex tasks on the project. Team Leads (TL) and Senior Application Engineers will work closely with AE on developing solutions for the defined tasks.
• Understand the Magento 2 ecommerce platform, earn the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer certification, and become an expert in the platform API, management tools, and capabilities
• Certifications desired
• Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer
• Magento 2 Certified Professional Front End Developer
• Magento Certified Professional Cloud Developer
• Use this knowledge to plan, write, and test code to meet the requirements of tasks assigned, based on the technical specification for the task provided by the Technical Architect, Technical Lead, or Application Coordinator
• Customize the platform's prototype solutions to build fully functioning ecommerce sites on desktop, tablet and mobile devices
• Use object-oriented techniques to create reusable, easy to maintain code
• All code must conform to platform-specific & industry best practices, the DCX Commerce code standards, and perform well under load
• Create documentation for deliverables in accordance with our guidelines and templates
• We prefer full-stack developers that can handle both front-end and back-end development tasks
• AE generally works independently on tasks but participate as an active team member in daily scrums as part of our agile software development methodology. This includes participation in sprint planning meetings as well as estimating work effort on tasks assigned
Key Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years recent experience in web development
• Minimum 1-year recent experience in Ecommerce project
• Minimum 1-year recent experience in Magento 2
• Proficient in using and managing version control through Git – including planning & creating branches and performing merges
• Proficient in effectively documenting complex functionality in code and documentation
• Ability to follow, enforce, and help define development standards
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented concepts
• Solid understanding of the MVC paradigm
• Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking, critical thinking
• Strong communication skills – verbal and written (documentation, code, email, etc.)
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
• Proven track records of meeting and exceeding goals
• Ability to participate effectively in scrum meetings
• Good organization skills – scheduling, prioritizing, planning, tracking
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.