Our Salesforce Order Management Systems (OMS) Functional Business Analyst will play a crucial part in gathering client needs from business organizations (via interviews, observations, surveys, etc.) to translate into documented business and functional requirements.
- Translates business requirements into use cases and functional test cases
- Work is in smaller scale, contained projects
- Enable the transformation and performance improvement of an enterprise or its parts, with respect to people, process and technology, by providing relevant capabilities, assets (human and non-human), processes and tools.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience preferred with Salesforce OMS
- 3 years of business analyst experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce OMS
- Experience in process methodology (Agile/ Scrum) and collaborative tools such as JIRA, Rally, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.