Geo Sales Leader
Life Sciences Regional Sales Leader – NYC/NJ/Philadelphia
Bring your passion to transform within the Life Sciences industry and expertise to a global IT Services and Consulting organization. We are expanding our team of experienced Business Development Executives, Account Executives and Strategic Deal Makers and are seeking a Sales Leader to help us manage and grow our team Life Sciences team in the NE United States. If you are an experienced manager who has a track record of exceeding targets, coaching sales professionals to succeed, and thrives in a past-faced, collaborative environment, we want to speak with you!
Capgemini’s Life Sciences practice is one of the top-three market leaders in pharmaceuticals and medical device industries. We help companies provide new commercial capabilities that improve efficiency, extend reach and innovate customer and patient experiences. We deliver differentiated value in the pharmaceutical and medical device markets across the entire value chain. Our expertise is in commercial, research and development, regulatory, medical affairs and supply chain.
The Geo Sales Leader will manage a team of professional sellers, who are responsible for selling the full line of Capgemini’s service offerings into new and existing accounts within a defined industry sector and target market geography. The Geo Sales Leader will manage the sales professionals in their geography to identify, capture and close opportunities into assigned accounts, but is able and whiling to take the reins when needed to lead! This is a fast paced environment that marries the perfect balance of entrepreneurship, leadership, and structured management to drive excellence and growth to a incredible global brand. This solution-based sales process will require the building and cultivation of C-Level relationships, together with a complete understanding of C-suite business objectives. The Geo Sales Leader will play an integral role in the growth of the Capgemini’s application service lines in North America with some of the global leaders in Life Sciences. This role is highly strategic and visible, and the candidate must be comfortable working within a matrixed environment from a reporting and resource perspective.
Reporting Relationship & Location:
The Geo Sales Leader will be responsible for managing a team of business development executives to achieve quarterly and annual bookings targets and activity metrics.
Direct Reports: Yes
Indirect Reports: Yes (manage cross-functional pursuit teams during sales cycle, when needed)
Location: The ideal candidate should be located in NYC / NJ or Philadelphia. The Geo Sales Leader will be geographically focused on a specific set of highly strategic accounts, and will be responsible for managing bookings at current accounts and new logos within this geographic territory.
- The primary focus and objective will be to manage the Northeast Life Sciences sales teams to develop new business opportunities and grow current accounts through selling IT services solutions from the Capgemini applications business line and other areas in the Life Sciences (Pharma and Med-Devices industry)
- Accountable for managing and coaching sales professionals to achieve targets and working directly with account teams to identify opportunities and strategies for growth. This leader will not just report on, but engage first hand with their team to manage opportunity pipeline, forecasting and resource performance against key KPIs (e.g. quotas, bookings, pipeline coverage, activities, etc).
- Ensure the team members have necessary success plans for growth, and that required support and engagement from the global organization is sufficient to ensure their sales success towards their sales plans
- Build and maintain close relationship with capability practice leads and develop expert-level knowledge of Capgemini solutions and service offerings that can be used to drive business value for clients
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends and client challenges to develop and deliver compelling value propositions
- Support hiring process for new sales professionals within geography by conducting interviews and assessing candidates. Facilitate onboarding to support new sales hires to be successful in coming up to speed in their defined targets
- Maintain constant pulse on behaviors and traits that define high-performing sales professionals
- Lead and motivate sales teams
- Make significant contributions to the local team and the company sales culture
- Follow NA sales processes and procedures; contribute to the enhancement of sales processes wherever possible
- Experience leading and managing sales teams to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual bookings targets with >70% of resources achieving or exceeding individual bookings quotas
- A well-documented track record of managing at least 6-12 sales professionals to achieve total annual sales targets of $100 – 250MM
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in selling complex Consulting, Technology, Business, and Outsourcing Services for a Tier 1 or 2 Global Service provider
- 10 years or greater experience serving clients in the Life Sciences industry
- Qualified candidates must have experience in developing new sales opportunities for Life Sciences industry clients, formulating solutions for sales proposals (including pricing, scope, and schedules) and closing large sales contracts
- Comprehensive understanding of targeted industry business environments, issues and the trends affecting technology spend
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with senior executives within assigned market segment(s)
- 8-12 reference-able relationships at the C suite, VP or decision maker level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding presentation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to stay abreast of industry trends and technical advancements across multiple business sectors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and positive, competitive sales culture
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skill
Candidates should be flexible/willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment
With more than 270,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 50 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2018. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law