The Solution Integrator Engagement Director performs a key role in pursuing and winning large multi-year outsourcing deals in the range of $20 million to $200 million by defining the overall solution strategy to effectively address client needs and provide differentiation. The Solution Integrator conceptualizes and program manages the solution design and facilitates integration of services across Applications, Infrastructure, and Business Processes. The Solution Integrator is also responsible to develop the business and technology transformation strategy for the client. This position requires the ability to articulate deal strategy and value proposition to C-level executives. The ideal candidate would have broad business and technology skills coupled with people management and client interface skills.
- 18+ years of outsourcing experience with large systems integrators/ consulting companies in the domain of Applications Management Services, Infrastructure Services, and Business Process Outsourcing
- Demonstrated Director level experience
- Demonstrated track record of structuring, solutioning and winning / managing deals in the $20 to $200 million range
- Experience leading the architecture/ crafting of large complex outsourcing/ managed services deals
- Experience developing solution strategy, governance models, SLA framework
- Ability to have conversations with C-level executives
- Ability to create business and technology transformation roadmaps
- Experience working in a global delivery model
- Strong client presence and professional image. Ability to present value-based proposals to clients
- Advanced negotiation and financial modeling skills
- Experience in pursuing and managing deal consultant led engagements (ISG, Everest, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be willing to travel as business needs dictate
- Leadership – Lead teams to respond effectively in order to accelerate wins for complex pursuits
- Management – Be able to effectively manage across functional and organizational lines in a "dotted" line relationship
- Thought Leadership – Proactively bring thought leadership and business outlook to effectively address client issues
- Influencing Skills/ Persuasiveness – Use persuasiveness and influencing skills with internal teams to achieve pursuit objectives
- Competitive spirit – A winning “can-do” attitude
- Diplomacy/ Finesse – Use diplomacy and finesse across multiple internal business units to sell the overall pursuit objectives and ensure cooperation from the global team
- Financial Acumen – Apply major elements of financial management to create deal structure
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.