A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients� opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant –http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
VMware NSX, NIM, Vops, Vrealize Engineer/Architect
Business Area: Cloud Infrastructure Services �
Cloud Projects and Consulting
Main Purpose of the Role:
This is a hands on cloud engineering role
reporting to the Cloud Projects and Consulting Director for the Infrastructure
Services Global Cloud Practice. The purpose of the role is to focus on
delivering highly available, scalable enterprise solutions on IaaS/PaaS
platforms focusing on application assessments, automation and DevOps. This role
includes ownership of technical, commercial and service elements related to
cloud project engagements building IaaS/PaaS infrastructure.
The successfully hired candidate will ensure high
customer satisfaction delivering cloud projects. The candidate would ensure a
highly satisfied customer experience and drive to reduce labor input, costs,
implementation time, and time to benefit. The candidate will help increase
profit margins and enhance consistent delivery and operational efficiency. The
candidate must expect to work in parallel across multiple deals and look to
assist in the industrialization of the process to support the rapid timescales
opportunities demand. The successful candidate must have a fully-flexible
approach to working hours and working away from home during the week; willing
to work nationally, with the potential to work internationally if desired.
Key Role & Responsibility:
The Cloud Engineer is a cloud role in the project
delivery cycle with hands on experience migrating customers to the cloud and
designing DevOps operational processes, deployment checklists, etc.. This role
will work closely with clients, partners and other business units to ensure
consulting engagements are successful. He/she must be fully flexible and mobile
across the US and possibly EMEA for extended periods and potentially across the
- Execute Application/work load migrations using VMware
tools into newly Built SDDC.
- Create, maintain, and use Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) for migration execution
- Create, maintain, and execute migration runbooks/tasks
- Closely work with Onshore teams
- Work with Engagement/Project Managers to provide timely
status updates on project/engagement
- Work within and across Agile teams to Migrate, test and
support Migration activities
- Experience of 5+ years
- In-depth working knowledge on Virtualization platforms
on VMware and Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV.
VMware skill sets mandatory
- In-depth working knowledge of HCI platforms including Nutanix, Cisco, Dell VxRail
- In-depth working knowledge of public
cloud platforms including AWS, Azure and GCP
- Understanding of Cloud Native environments including Redhat Openshift,
Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker and Istio
- Good Working on knowledge on P2V and V2V Migrations
using various VMware tools including VMware , vMotion ,vCenter and
vConverter etc .
- Good System Admin Skills Linux/Windows and SAN storage
- Good knowledge on vCloud tools like vRealize
Automation, VMware vRealize Operations Manager etc
- Good Understanding of Networking (VLAN, Access Ports)
and VMware NSX etc
- Good understanding of Network Insight Manager (NIM)
- Should be good in PowerShell scripting
- High Availability and Fault Tolerance in VMWare
- Experience in writing technical documents, runbooks,
Have a fully-flexible approach to working hours
and working away from home during the week as well as remotely; willing to work
nationally, with the potential to work internationally if desired.
The ability to understand and communicate the
following at an executive level both internally and externally:
- Experience as principal technical lead on at least one
- Good understanding of application architectures
- Demonstrable experience in the elicitation &
specification of architectural, functional and non-functional requirements
- A good appreciation of the cost drivers in systems
delivery and operations and the commercial consequences of the technical
decisions made by you and/or others
- Ability to develop productive client relationships at
different management levels and identify and develop opportunities for new
- Experience of implementing architectural governance and
proactively managing issues and risks throughout the delivery life cycle.
- Good familiarity with the disciplines of enterprise
software development such as configuration & release management,
source code & version controls, and operational considerations such as
monitoring and instrumentation
- Experience with consulting or service provider roles
(internal, or external);