Technical Writer / Documentation Specialist
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Candidate Location: Local candidates preferred; relocation is offered.
Work Authorization: Candidates must have the authorization to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship needed now or in the future. If you meet all the required specifications, please apply today!
The Document Specialist/Technical Writer is in instrumental in the design, create, maintenance, and update of many types of technical documentation, or design specifications, presentations, and other documents. The talented specialist will analyze the needs of the target audience when developing documentation and user materials conduct in-depth interviews, gathering requirements, with subject matter experts to understand the product, process, or procedure. Edit, standardize, or revise material prepared by other writers or personnel. Prepare rough drafts of documents (including using graphical representation where appropriate) for review with the stakeholders, project staff and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience working, in a corporate setting outside of your academic background, as a Document Specialist/Technical Writer:
- Provide technical writing services by developing them with MS Office, Visio, PowerPoint, and Confluence or other similar tools.
- Familiarity with a variety of software development, technical concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Design, create, maintain and update many types of technical documentation, such as, Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs).
- Prior client and stakeholder interaction is a must.
Experience working with offshore and onshore teams maintaining team collaboration.
- Work with a variety of Stake Holders, Project Management, Engineers, Users, and Client Staff, to gather document requirements.
- Demonstrate experience with an SDLC and Agile methodology
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus, but not required
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience providing documentation technical writing for custom build software/applications or software customization projects is a plus
- Strong understanding supporting projects for custom build software or software customization projects is a plus, but not required functional business analysis.
- Background/knowledge of quick-serve restaurants or Point of Sale systems (POS) is a plus, but not required
- Candidates should be flexible/willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
The Technical Writer/Document Analyst enable the transformation and performance improvement of an enterprise or its parts, with respect to people, process and technology, by providing relevant capabilities, assets (human and non-human), processes and tools. Business Analysts structure, analyze and visualize an enterprise’s current state. They design and visualize the future state. They also design and guide the change process from current to future state. Developing sector knowledge is extremely important for all Technical Writer/Document Analyst. The Technical Writer/Document Analyst will also perform functional analysts for documents in Business, ERP, Application Management or Custom Software Development (CSD).
Required Skills and Experience:
You are a self-reliant Technical Writer/Document Analyst who has mastered at least one methodology. You are developing your knowledge in a business and/or industry domain and an ERP solution or a technical tool / programming language. Possible positions could include being a Business Process Consultant describing processes, Requirements Analyst describing business / functional requirements or Package configuration.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.