Our Megento team has over 10 years of experience in building best-in-class eCommerce sites for our clients, spanning from well-known brands to small companies. Since our first implementation, we have launched over 200 sites, manage our own servers and infrastructure, and have over 50 Megento Certified Resources to support our services. We work with our clients to help them navigate the rapidly changing commerce industry with our innovative approach to help them stay ahead of the curve. Our learning culutre and ‘One Team’ mantra provide our team members with a defined career path including training, mentoring, and support to ensure our team is the best in the industry.
We are searching for a Magento Technical Architect to join our LYONSCG team. This position is a full-time permanent position preferably in the Chicago office, but other locations will be considered. Architects at LYONSCG drive our implementation projects to completion – and these are not simple projects. As a Technical Architect, you are responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of Magento-centric eCommerce projects. You provide guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that both the process is followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with l development policies and standards.
- As a Technical Architect, you are responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of Magento-centric eCommerce projects. You provide guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that both the process is followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with LYONSCG development policies and standards.
- You will work closely with clients to understand their business and their existing technologies, and using your knowledge of Magento, web applications and integration techniques, design a complete solution for the integration, extension or enhancement of the Magento platform. You will document this with a technical specification and diagrams that will stand as the reference to the development team for building the solution as well as hand-off to our support team prior to launch. You will update these throughout the development cycle as things change. The initial part of this work is usually done onsite with the client in a multi-day discovery meeting.
- As part of a project team, the Technical Architect will work with a Project Manager to turn client requirements into use cases and tasks with technical specifications. You will work with the project Tech Lead to assign those tasks to the project team, run sprint planning meetings, and participate in the project scrum meetings.
- You are to be the Magento subject matter expert beyond the basic Magento Developer certification, and share knowledge with the team and help mentor newer developers. You are expected to stay abreast of web technologies and share new ideas and techniques that are relevant to the eCommerce space. You will also be asked to participate in internal process improvements to our software development life cycle.
- Generally you will not be writing code, but are expected to fully understand code and help developers troubleshoot code issues and algorithms, as well as how to leverage object oriented techniques.
- As a Technical Architect you will also be asked to participate in the sales process, communicating with prospective clients about our processes, potential architectures for their solutions, and estimating level of effort with our Sales Engineers and Business Development Managers.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with the Magento platform OR multiple years of experience architecting enterprise web applications.
- 2+ years of experience in a client facing (external or internal) role.
- 2+ years of experience leading project teams, experience working with offshore teams a plus
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and different approaches to it.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must have full authorization to work fulltime in the U.S. without restriction.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – https://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.