Reporting to the Director, Delivery Services, the Sales Engineer is responsible for managing the pre-sales process as it relates to activities of a Sales Engineer. This includes requirement gathering, sales demos, project estimates, coordination of resources from creative, technical and other groups in the providing of data for client estimates. Participate as needed in various marketing activities.
- Lead prospect requirement gathering and analysis including documentation of initial requirements, questions and prospect email communication.
- Support Business Development and Account Management in preparing estimates for projects.
- Prepare and present product demonstrations for all supported eCommerce platforms.
- Identify prospect needs, evaluate those needs against existing technology ecosystem and recommend solutions.
- Prepare and provide input for functional responses for Request for Proposals (RFP).
- Coordinate the Delivery, Architect and User Experience teams to gather questions and responses on issues identified from customer feedback.
- Participate in client sales meetings (either remotely or on site) as needed by the Business Development Manager or Account Manager.
- Work with Director of Strategic Alliances to keep up to date knowledge of supporting technology partner’s capabilities and solutions to be considered in client estimates.
- Maintain, update and ensure accuracy of tools utilized in the sales estimation process.
- Provide input and leadership on methodologies, process, best practice on the sales demonstration and estimation process.
- Thought leadership on new technologies and solutions that creates value for our prospects and clients.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years experience working as a Pre-Sales Engineer, ideally for a digital agency or systems integrator in the eCommerce or retail space.
- Answer all client-training requests (phone calls, emails and other communiqués) in a timely fashion, but in no event more than 24 hours from the receipt of a communication.
- Responsibility for all aspects of the sales cycle with demonstrated analytical skills focused on solution visioning and delivery.
- Applying a consultative approach to identify solutions for prospects that meet their requirements and budgets.
- Deep understanding of eCommerce ecosystem including platforms, integrated systems (e.g. marketing, payment, order management), and the application workflow
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrating software tool solutions to enterprise prospects
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Perform all work in a professional and expeditious manner with an eye toward uncompromising customer service
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – https://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.