Looking for an advanced JEE Systems Performance Architect/Consultant with extensive experience and willing to take ownership for platform performance from the inception to delivery that will also help support performance for complex Customer platforms while in production. This position is for someone with advanced technical knowledge who really likes to dig deep and uncover the smallest detail around performance issues.
Be a part of the central Performance Engineering team. The chosen candidate for this position will be an advanced Systems Performance Architect and someone that is fluent in JEE Software Architecture/Design/development to provide guidance/consultation/testing with respect to engineering Java software for performance to product delivery teams and aligning infrastructure configurations for best overall performance. They will provide guidance and testing services to architects, developers, operations personnel, network personnel, etc. with respect to helping teams design and develop high performing Web/Java/NodeJS applications that operate with a predictable platform design with respect to capacity. This position will help lead performance discipline throughout software development lifecycle to analyze business requirements and customer preferences and recommend best performance practices in working with various application delivery teams. They will share technical acumen with both DEV, operations and testing resources while they measure, test, and design, inspect, and be ultimately help drive delivery of high performing/high scalable JEE solutions at Customer which leverages an agile methodology. This candidate will troubleshoot performance issues covering platform hardware analysis, scalability, and application profiling (JVM, Databases, etc.). They will partner with operations teams and bridge the gap between understanding of software and infrastructure when it comes to knowledge around performance. The candidate will continue to find better and more efficient ways to help Customer assure quality and scale its platforms while meeting customer needs. They will continue to drive the Performance Engineering practice and build quality into Customer platforms.
1. Production Performance Analysis and Tuning of Enterprise products/platforms that leverage JEE/NodeJS technologies.
2. Perform deep performance analysis of Customer product suites
3. Perform JEE Code reviews/code profiling to assure code is adhering to best performance practices and assist with performance related problem resolutions.
4. Provide consultation/implementation instructions for tuning software for best performance and make sure the correct performance architecture and software design patterns are being followed.
6. Analyze MongoDB NoSQL and Oracle/Postgres database related performance issues.
7. Adhere to and enforce consistent company and department performance standards and procedures.
9. Provide regular status information regarding progress and provide presentations to stakeholders as needed. Must have good communication skills.
10. Work across many problem domains to help with performance related issues as assigned.
11. Tune Infrastructure for best performance (Apache, Nginx, F5s, Network, Linux OS, Database, Cloud (Docker, Kubernetes), etc.)
12. Understand Network latencies, geolocation and bandwidth dependencies around performance, caching and both front and backend optimization techniques.
13. Experience with Splunk, Neoload, Dynatrace, LoadRunner or JMeter (or other load generation tool).
14. Good understanding of load balancing, expiration headers, compression, CDNs, etc.
15. Good understanding of TCP/IP sockets, TCP Slowstart/congestion.
16. Have good understanding of JEE performance design patterns and anti-patterns.
– Position requires a Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, IS or related. Alternatively, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent.
– Qualifying experience must include experience with each of the following: Apache; F5s; Testing web performance with network latency, bandwidth, geolocations, expiration headers, load balancer and CDN; Optimizing performance using caching/compression techniques; Splunk, NeoLoad, Dynatrace, NeoLoad, LoadRunner or JMeter; TCP/IP sockets; congestion; utilizing JEE design patterns. Must understand Java enterprise integration patterns and both front end and backend Performance Engineering.
7-10 years overall experience, 3+ years min relevant experience in the role
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Test Consultants are concerned with the independent verification and validation of the products produced by the development process. Testing is carried out in each phase: the requirements are tested by an acceptance test, the system design (analysis and design) by a system and integration test, and the programs by a program and module test.
Required Skills and Experience:
You design and develop more complex tests and non-functional tests. You perform many of the roles required of a software testing project, through which you acquire a full testing lifecycle experience. Typically you perform these roles as a senior member in a wider team. You act as a stream leader with technical delivery ownership within a limited number of technology areas. You contribute to bid or client proposals based on your technological expertise. You have delivery ownership and guide individuals and groups towards desired outcomes. You also actively participate in at least one community.
• Certification: 7 – 10 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role)Should have SE Level 1 and seeking level 2, Bachelor’s degree
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing Lifecycle, Testing Expertise, Testing Techniques, Testing Management, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Quality Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.