Delivery of multiple projects and assignments satisfying customer expectations and meeting project commitments with respect to scope, schedule, cost and quality of service.
Individual projects may vary in size from $20,000 to $5,000,000 with a total value of the portfolio responsibility ranging from $5,000,000 to $15,000,000.
- Ensures profitability of project portfolio and managing related risk exposure
- Works closely with the project managers to develop project plans and work orders
- Ensure accurate financial forecasts are developed monthly
- Ensures that the appropriate expert and required staff resources together with project tools and methodologies are assigned and employed by the Project Manager(s). This includes the appropriate mix of company and contractor personnel
- Performs the role of overseer to projects within the portfolio, ensuring deliverables are achieved on a timely basis and project reporting to the customers conform to schedules and contents
- Ideally exceeds, but as a minimum achieves, customer satisfaction as to service delivery for those projects within the portfolio.
- Provides project-specific direction and guidance to Project Managers.
- Integrates accountable portfolio activities with those of other Toronto Service Delivery Centre portfolios thereby creating a seamless service to its customers. Participates in cross-portfolio planning and governance activities to minimize, mitigate or eliminate conflicts.
- Resolves customer concerns with Project Delivery services and, should these be escalated, keeps the Account Manager informed throughout.
- Evaluates the performance of all reporting Project Managers during the course of the project as well as providing a year-end assessment.
- Ensures that professional development plans and knowledge transfer commitments are completed while identifying skill improvement opportunities for project staff.
- Provides oversight and a point of escalation for some third-party vendors involved in the delivery of the projects in the portfolio.
- Provide recommendations related project delivery.
- Education – Minimum of a four-year university degree
- Ability to travel to different client and Capgemini locations in Toronto
- Demonstrated managerial experience
- Portfolio and Project Management experience
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset
- PMP certification is a plus
- Service Delivery Management experience is a plus
- ITIL certification is a plus
- Experience working in an outsourced environment is a plus
- Utilities experience is an advantage
- Experience implementing technical infrastructure projects
- Experience implementing Microsoft Products and Solutions (e.g. Windows, SharePoint, Exchange, Azure)
- Experience in application migration projects (on-prem to cloud/Azure)
Demonstrated Management Skills:
- Analytical thinking – ability to understand a situation by segmenting and tracing implications step by step.
- Client -Service Orientation – desire to help or serve others, to meet their needs.
- Developing Others – takes action to foster the long-term learning or development of others.
- Impact and Influence – able to persuade, convince, influence or impress others.
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – ability to accurately listen, understand and respond appropriately when interacting with individuals and groups.
- Team leadership – ability to take a role as leader of a team or other group.
- Teamwork – able to work with others as part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model..
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law