Basis Lead – Job Description:
The candidate must be proficient in the administration and maintenance of multiple SAP systems running on Oracle platform as well as have sufficient knowledge of concepts to allow for system landscape design. Administration will include performing installations, upgrades and providing on-going maintenance on various SAP Business package applications.
- Provide installation and troubleshooting support for several SAP installation and upgrade projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Perform installations, upgrades and patch applications to SAP software products. Apply patches to databases used for SAP applications.
- Work in a mixed server environment covering Linux, Unix and Wintel servers using Oracle, DB2, SAP DB, and SQL Server databases
- Work collaboratively with the SAP Functional teams from the business and regional support hubs (local IT team) and management team on projects, issues and enhancements
- Interface with cross functional technical teams (Infrastructure and database teams) and business unit IT staff while providing guidance for SAP platform with regard to patching, monitoring, capacity planning
- Performance/resource management to include SAP monitoring, availability configuration, application tuning, prevention and application optimization activities
- Provide technical guidance for large-scale domestic and international projects including application installation and tuning, planning and installing patches in test and production environments
- Provide problem resolutions and be part of a 24×7 on-call SAP support team
- Liaise with, Multiple SAP Functional teams Infrastructure (OS and DB Team) and third party vendors and contractors
This role requires candidates to have valid work authorization that does not now and will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment by Capgemini.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model..
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law