Leads and manages requirements gathering and analysis activities by working with internal client stakeholders, developers, designers, QA analysts, etc.
• Elicits, captures, analyzes, refines, articulates and documents business requirements, acceptance criteria and software documentation via approved processes.
• Manages requirement changes throughout the project lifecycle.
• Balances business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability.
• Synthesizes complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous language.
• Ensures that appropriate project documentation is produced throughout the project lifecycle.
• Solid understanding of software development lifecycle.
• Work in a fast environment with dynamically changing priorities.
• Proven experience creating functional and non-functional business requirements.
• Strong business requirement analytical skills with the ability to produce clearly articulated requirements and documents.
• Strong understanding of end-to-end cross-functional software development.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills required to interact with staff, colleagues, management and internal/external customers.
• Attention to details to include ability to follow written and verbal directions and error free written communication
• Manage multiple projects and priorities, tasks and coordinate various channels of communication.
• Ability to facilitate and conduct meetings while asking questions and soliciting feedback, presenting and capturing notes/requirements in various software applications / tools
• Be proactive and take initiative with little or vague directions at times to include desire to solve problems and be resourceful in seeking answers
• Conduct at a high level of professionalism to include characteristics that exemplify core values and align with the team mission statement.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model..
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law