This position will serve as Business Analyst for an Agile Software Development Team. The workload will be a mix of new development projects and maintenance requests for a diverse set of applications that support Digital / eCommerce systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Writes/Elaborate user stories with detailed Acceptance Criteria
• Coordinates between Product Owner and Technical team
• Facilitates business decision and incorporates feedback into User Stories
• Review Functional Test Cases
• Governs UAT testing
• Facilitates offshore functional clarifications
• Document procedures and workflows based on functional specifications.
• Partner with application mangers and developers to ensure projects meet end user requirements and are completed successfully.
• Compile and present updates for projects and key initiatives, such as milestones and percent complete.
• Provide end user documentation, training, implementation coordination, and post implementation support as needed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Capable of gathering and producing formal business requirements
• Is comfortable with interacting and explaining business requirements to technical development and testing (onsite / Offshore) teams
• Co-ordinate with the stakeholders of various business functions, onsite and offshore development teams, understand and document the requirements
• Prior experience with Retail applications would be ideal
• Must be able to self-direct, self-motivated, with minimal supervision and instruction
• Identifies causes and implements solutions, assesses and communicates issues of technology impact on the business.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology or a similarly related field required; or equivalent work experience required.
• Five or more years of Business Analyst or Project Management experience required, preferably in the Retail Industry.
• Experience working with vendors, business partners and IT technical teams.
• Digital Commerce and testing experience
• Experience with documentation using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with documentation using VST, TFS or similar tool
• Microsoft SQL, BI and SSRS knowledge is a plus.
• Experience with business functions including, but not limited to:
o Marketing / Advertising
o Customer Experience
o Loyalty Programs
o Reward Programs
o Mobile Applications
o Third Party integrations
• Familiarity Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) preferred.
• Proven track record leading functional groups, defining, document and deploying process change and associated systems capabilities.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into issues as needed.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
• Any Scrum Master Certification, Training, or any SAFe certifications or Training
• Experience in agile environment (e.g. – breakdown for user stories, prioritization, and facilitate estimation of work.)
• Knowledge of relevant technology, tools, databases and middleware is critical.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms and vice-versa
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks.