- Provide architecture and design solutions for consumer-facing applications.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, and testing of business solutions.
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise the business on approach and tradeoffs.
- Implement, establish and practice lean software development methodologies.
- Lead major transformation initiatives in the sector.
- Work with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand the complex systems in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options.
- Communicate solution approaches to enterprise architects, project teams and other stakeholders.
- Establish the guidelines and processes to conduct design review and code review.
- Develop the guidelines and processes for documentation, knowledge transfer, and support ownership to ensure sustainable application support.
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies like Cloud, IoT, Mobile, Social and Big Data.
- 8+ years’ experience as an architect or technical lead
- Strong experience building consumer facing solutions
- Strong experience building applications on the public and private cloud
- Understanding of retail store systems.
- Deep knowledge of scalability, security and maintainability of high volume Internet applications
- Well versed in providing solution including all layers of the software stack (UI/Backend/Databases).
- Demonstrated ability to translate abstract business ideas to concrete technical solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization of distributed applications.
- Demonstrated experience providing solutions that span multiple hosting environments (On-premise, private/public cloud, PaaS, SaaS)
- Knowledge and ability to stay up to date with the latest industry trends.
- Demonstrated experience in evangelizing and being change agents on future technology direction.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT
- Ability to define solutions from very high-level business ideas
- Ability to describe non-functional requirements
- Candidates located in Central or Eastern U.S.A., or the Greater Toronto Area are preferred.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.