- Work with customer to provide L3/L4 support, manage escalation to Microsoft Support
- Investigate the problem by doing own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Perform root cause analysis on incidents, report back to customer and archive in knowledgebase repository
- Collaborate with customer’s engineering to resolve service issues.
- Prioritize work to accomplish the most important and urgent requests first
- Work with Microsoft for issues which need product specialist assistance
- The position needs a strong background in Windows Operating System/Virtualization skills listed below. Additional preference will be afforded to candidates with additional skills in Networking, Relational Database Design/Administration or WebApp/SQL skills listed below.
Design and configure Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Design VNets and subscriptions to conform to Azure Network Limits.
- Experience in setting up Virtual machines and cloud services in the VNets to the Internet using Azure External Load Balancer.
- Implement high availability Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Design Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network interfaces (NICs), VMs and subnets.
- Setup Azure Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections).
- Setting up firewall appliance where requirements call for layer 7 security models.
- Design User Defined Routes with custom route tables for specific cases to force tunneling to the Internet via on-premise network and control use of virtual appliances in the customer’s Azure environment.
- Manage IP Forwarding for VMs and role instances acting as virtual appliances.
- Configure BGP routes to enable ExpressRoute connections between on-premise data centers and Azure cloud.
Manages researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• Technical and people management of technology domain. Should have 80% technical and 20% people management skills;
• This person will be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the respective technical domain and staffing of resources in her/his domain;
• Responsible for preparing Task Sheets/Checklist, Induction Manual, Guidelines and Standards. Generate MIS (Performance , ticket analysis) reports on periodic basis;
• Responsible for evaluating existing Technical Architecture and Design and Proposing Improvements. Technical root cause analysis;
• Execution of identified skills gap for the team members. Focus on cross trainings of resources within domain;
• Lead customer / front office meetings for technical and SLA related discussions; ; Participate in MIRT and Outages as applicable;
• Complete ownership of SLAs for respective towers; Ownership of quality processes implementation, adherence and Audits for the domain;
• Succession planning, annual appraisals of team members;
• Support virtualized and Physical Systems Author IT policies, guidelines, standards and procedures for business continuity, disaster recovery, high availability, systems security and systems management in a multiple production data center environment;
• Disaster Recovery Officer to facilitate smooth operations and act as a point of contact and escalation in the event of an actual Disaster; Lead the development of audit and security programs to expose existing security stance and produce repeatable processes;
• Development of Network Install Manager configurations to support an enterprise concept of support;
• May Lead a Systems center of Excellence panel to support IT and Enterprise Goals and provide forward looking process and designs to enhance systems and IT performance as a whole and present recommendations back to Leadership;
• Architect and implementation of virtualization methodologies. Develop automation around these methodologies;
• Develop a Configuration Management Database to give access to configuration data; Smart Grid implementation, installation and administration on systems;
• Change Management utilizing BMC Remedy and Tivoli Service Desk. Maintained ITIL centric infrastructure to facilitate SAS70, SOX and FDA regulatory compliance;
• Perform Security assessments of systems and system hardening of internal and DMZ systems;
• Provide Architectural Design support to multiple clients projects and to international business pursuits; Provide international security audit and forensic response for clients;
• Lead a team of 5-15 Admin which are a mix of Employee and Contractor; Responsible to Architect projects when needed and for OS Architecture questions.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree; Relevant working experience of 10-12 years in Infrastructure Management
• Must have experience in Technology Solution Design
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.Apply now