- Coordination of delivery vendors input into the incident response and remediation, evidence collection and documentation, and coordination of reporting for the security program
- Management of service provider security incident deliverables
- Must master multi-tasking capabilities required to manage a fast-paced environment with multiple vendor delivery organizations for multiple client customer agencies
- Mentor and train security analysts and junior team members on issues where the security consultant has superior knowledge
- Strong PM skills including 3rd party project management and/or PM certified
- Ability to self-manage with little interaction from other management staff.
- Flexible and able to adapt to manage a fast-changing environment.
- Experience in Incident Response and Incident documentation and reporting.
- Possess strong communication skills to communicate technical and security risk information to management.
- Excellent presentation delivery skills are required
- Ability to work with Legal Counsel and HR supporting investigations and with external law enforcement agencies.
- Ability to solve complex issues and react decisively is required.
- Enterprise Security/Network Architecture and Standards
- Security Incident Investigation and Response
- Firewalls technologies
- IT Risk Management
- Vulnerability Assessment and Management
- Virus and Malware management, Access and Authentication Infrastructure, Patch Management, Business Impact Analysis, Intrusion Detection, and Cloud Computing.
- Ability to build cross-organizational and client relationships
- Possess an experienced understanding is required of today’s IT technologies and IT business units, especially IT security aspects, including: LAN and WAN Networks, Storage and Archiving, File Management, Desktops, Remote Access Technologies, Wintel and Non-Wintel server platforms, Cloud Architecture, Active Directory and Authentication Technologies, and Virtual Technology.
- Security and Audit certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, Security +
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law