- All aspects of DB2 DBA on the z/OS platform.
- Mainframe DB2 Database Administrator (DBA).
- Must have an understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL), DB2 performance tuning, Database Definition Language (DDL) and all DB2 utilities.
- Ability to follow existing processes for Change, Incident, Problem, Availability, Service Level and Capacity Management.
- Must have working knowledge of DB2 database Backup/Recovery.
- On Call support required.
- Daily interaction with the client.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
Primary duties include:
- Incident and Problem resolution based on customer Service Level requirements.
- Strong technical skills
- Resolve problems, document solutions, and implement changes
- Conduct performance monitoring and tuning activities on DB2 databases.
- Create and maintain the performance of stored procedures.
- Ability to work without supervision
- The internal drive, intellectual curiosity, ability to learn, and desire to help the customer succeed
- Comfortable working under Project Manager supervision
- At least 5 years’ experience with the following:
- DB2 V9 and DB2 V10
- z/OS, JCL, TSO/ISPF, and DB2 Utilities
- executing DDL
- Capacity / Performance management
- DB2 Backup / Recovery
- Applying Problem Solving Techniques
- database monitoring
- database maintenance and administration
Interested and qualified candidates can send resumes to email@example.com
At this time we are only considering US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.Apply now