- Design, implement, and oversee of highly-consolidated WebSphere Application Server (WAS) environments.
- Responsibilities include capacity-planning, sizing, implementation, and maintenance for new applications in the WAS environment. Additionally, the position involves research, tool development and documentation for future WAS environments.
- Gather and document business requirements of application characteristics, including third-party software requirements, backend resources, and means of implementation.
- Design web hardware infrastructure. This includes authoring design documents and guiding them through the approval process.
- Provide technical support to web application developers when required. This includes promoting use of best practices, ensuring standardization across applications and trouble shooting.
- Monitor, tune and performance test activities for live and in-flight applications
- Installation, implementation, upgrading, performance, security, patching and monitoring of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (WASND) environments.
- Maximizing availability and performance for all WASND and IBM HTTP Server Plugins and IBM HTTP Server systems
- Providing technical assistance to the entire customer staff of developers, operators and administrators
- Developing a detailed understanding of WebSphere Application Server Clustering for High Availability
- Work with other infrastructure, application, engineering, database administration and operation teams on projects and day-to-day problems.
- Analyze and resolve WAS related issues and problems
- Assist in the coding and support of various UNIX scripts for WAS support.
- Assist with creation, development, and enforcement of WAS.
- Develop a proactive health check process.
- Provide customer support by addressing trouble tickets providing levels 1, 2 and 3 support.
- Maintaining the system integrity and security by following the published Server Configuration Standards
- Participate in an “on-call” rotation
o 3+ years of experience, including design and advanced trouble-shooting skills, of major web and application tier software offerings utilizing WebSphere Application Server or Weblogic
o 2+years working with end to end web systems.
o 3+ years of experience with all application components, such as RDBMS, LDAP and Queuing Solutions
Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• System Monitoring;
• Installation Services and Management;
• OS administration; User Administration;
• Application Software support;
• Facilities Management;
• Security Services; Back-up Services;
• Hardware services/management;
• Documentation/Regulatory requirements;
• Remotely managed servers overseas, including
o System Monitoring;
o OS administration; User administration;
o Application Software support;
o Security Management;
o Back-up Services (monitoring only);
o Hardware Services (advisory).
• Developing and implementing service improvements;
• Attending with Active ownership of DR rehearsals;
• Monthly Reporting;
• Designing and implementing Ad-hoc project work requests; On-call cover and out of hours support.
• Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution Design
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.Apply now