- Experience in Design, develop and maintain databases in MS SQL Server 2005 2008, 2008R2 , 2012,2014 & 2016 Databases.
- Should be capable of handling day to day DBA activities.
- Configuring and managing high availability and disaster recovery with mirroring, replication, log shipping, always on and clustering.
- Manage and administer Windows Cluster SQL server Instances on cluster nodes.
- Work and Implement Linked Server concepts of MS SQL server for execution of Distributed transactions and remote stored procedures using heterogeneous data sources.
- Work on BCP and Bulk Insert operations for data uploading module and Create DTS / SSIS packages as for data transfer & transform across locations and multiple data source as per requirement
- Tune stored procedures and distributed queries.
- Manage and administer backups using built-in / 3rd party tools (SQL Litespeed).
- Server Performance tuning and monitoring using different built-in and 3rd party tools.
- Perform complex problem solving, determination and resolution of database related issues, understanding of multi-tiered application technology.
- Responsible for overseeing the quality procedure related to the project.
- Work closely with application development & Test teams when any issue in production environment and provide assistance in resolving and tracking issues with production applications.
- Provide input to management team that help to streamline and improve consistency in service levels
- Involve in setting up Database standards.
- Capacity Planning (estimate growth of Transactional Logs, Database Storage).
- Involve in migration / Upgrade project within different versions of SQL Servers.
- Work on 24×7 on-call pager rotation.
- Experience in working on ServiceNow (Incident / Change / Service Request / Problem)
Strong technical background on MSSQL Database Administration
Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• System Monitoring;
• Installation Services and Management;
• OS administration; User Administration;
• Application Software support;
• Facilities Management;
• Security Services; Back-up Services;
• Hardware services/management;
• Documentation/Regulatory requirements;
• Remotely managed servers overseas, including
o System Monitoring;
o OS administration; User administration;
o Application Software support;
o Security Management;
o Back-up Services (monitoring only);
o Hardware Services (advisory).
• Developing and implementing service improvements;
• Attending with Active ownership of DR rehearsals;
• Monthly Reporting;
• Designing and implementing Ad-hoc project work requests; On-call cover and out of hours support.
• Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution Design
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.Apply now