Storage and Backup admin:
4-6 years of experience in storage & Backup technologies
- Team lead experience on Storage & backup technologies
- Good understanding of the storage concepts and internal architecture.
- Hands-on experience on the various storage products Hitachi, EMC,NetApps etc.
- Experience on the various storage monitoring and management tools.
- Handle escalated incidents
- Perform root cause analysis
- Analyze various reports
- Coordinate with vendors
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Knowledge of networking
- Knowledge of storage concepts
- Knowledge of ticketing tools
- Knowledge of ITIL process
Backup & Storage Knowledge on:
- EMC XtremIO VMAX, VNXe, Unity
- Avamar/Data Domain
- HP Data Protector (Legacy Enterprise Business)
- IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler (aka Maestro)
- Install and Configure the Backup Servers and Clients
- Configure Backup Policies, Catalog Backups, Restore the backups.
- Troubleshoot Backup Issues, Failed Jobs, Performance Issues
- Document and Update SOP and RCA
- Work on Change Request and monitor them closely
- In-depth knowledge of third party backup tool like Veritas NetBackup, IBM Tivoli (TSM), Legato, Pure Disk.
- 4-6 years of professional backup administration experience in any of the above tool.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Configuration of Storage Volumes, Virtual Tape Libraries, Disk Storage Units.
- Trouble shoot Performance Issues, Propose and Implement Change Requests
- Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people
- Problem Solving and Decision Making skills.
- Good Leadership and Communication skills.
- Must have good understanding of operating systems
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Reporting Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly
- Maintain Knowledgebase, Sop`s
- Day to day management and support of storage & backups;
- Being part of a team of technical specialists in service delivery and transitional projects;
- Monitoring of the storage & backups, addressing any issues raised and ensuring that contracted services are met;
- Proactive maintenance of the estate;
- Patching & updates;
- Implementing service improvements
Involves researching, developing and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies for optimum performance.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• Day to day management and support of servers;
• Being part of a team of technical specialists in service delivery and transitional projects;
• Monitoring of the servers, addressing any issues raised and ensuring that contracted services are met;
• Proactive maintenance of the server estate;
• Server Hardware and Server OS break fix using the EARS ticketing system;
• Patching & Anti-Virus updates;
• Developing and implementing service improvements;
• Attending DR rehearsals;
• Monthly Reporting;
• Designing and implementing Simple and Ad-hoc project work requests; On-call cover and out of hours support.
• Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution Design
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.Apply now