Who we are:
Capgemini, one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, has introduced their Flagship San Francisco site for the Applied Innovation Exchange (AIE).
The AIE is an integral system that enables clients to not only discover but to also apply the most relevant innovations. AIE is a global and fully-integrated network of applied innovation sites, centers and labs which collaborate with an ecosystem of key business and technology partners, startups, accelerators, incubators, and academic institutions worldwide. Capgemini’s AIE has been created to enable organizations to use a set of tried and tested design approaches, tools and methods to proactively plan for the various technology and business shifts which are confronting them on a daily basis, while reducing the cycle time from discovery to deployment in order to accelerate the realization of sustainable business benefits.
Do you want to join Capgemini’s growing innovation ecosystem?
What does it mean to work at the Capgemini AIE? We are zealots for open innovation and helping our clients apply innovation for business value. We are culturally diverse with collaboration deeply ingrained in our culture as well as our method. Changing the way our clients apply innovation to their business challenges is a mission that inspires us daily. Approaching this challenge means working alongside the best talent in the world – multi-disciplinary teams with deep expertise, designers, architects, entrepreneurs, data scientists and technologists – all under one roof managing innovation and experimenting with the latest methodologies and tools while improving outcomes. Our activities cross industries and deal with the most senior clients on mission critical topics. The AIE’s core remit means constantly facing new challenges and often being asked to work outside your comfort zone – a rewarding challenge and truly unique experience.
The Position: Engagement Consultant
A core part of the AIE is the delivery of workshops, projects, and events. You will be a key player in Capgemini’s Flagship Applied Innovation Exchange, engaging in high profile, sophisticated engagements with senior level leaders. The AIE Engagement Consultant will work under the direction of Engagement Strategist to support all aspects of the delivery of these engagements.
• Dissect and unpack highly ambiguous client problem statements
• Support the AIE team to frame a collective Capgemini response to broad market/client challenges
• Lead the coordination and planning for pre-event activities with stakeholders such as account teams, partners, and AIE staff
• Lead all necessary documentation and follow up for AIE engagements
• Lead the creation of high quality materials to support all aspects of AIE engagements
• Coordinate with the AIE Go to Market team to support the scoping and configuration for AIE engagements
• Coordinate with the AIE Ecosystem services team to assure all external parties are prepared for AIE activities
• Coordinate with the AIE Operations team to assure AIE facilities are in line for AIE activities, and necessary CRM systems are updated
• Drive repeatable success of typical events by supporting the creation of frameworks, templates, and best practice ways-of-working
• Other duties as assigned
Success in this role means learning fast, having a strong attention to detail, and delivering results through teamwork. Demonstrating excellent organizational skills, good judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to obtain solutions on complex issues and challenges as they arise are key. Being highly dependable and an active student of the concepts of Applied Innovation and the AIE processes. Serving as a strong ambassador of the Capgemini Brand to all those who engage with the AIE.
Someone who wants to influence your own development and open to applying your skills to a new, flexible, and non-typical environment. You are dependable, energetic, and confident. One who holds oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards. You are self-directed and able to set direction and decipher importance/urgency of tasks and requests. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to be part of changing the way people embrace innovation for their business and where a job title is only considered the starting point of a long future with a Global company. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of project, program, or engagement management
• Experience in the Bay Area with an internet, consulting, startup and/or IT Services firm preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Understanding of Consulting & Technical Services like those provided by Capgemini to its clients
• Demonstrated ability to succeed working in a dynamic team environment
• Outgoing, welcoming, and professional demeanor
• Ability to handle multiple requests and inquiries independently without compromising quality
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Solid computer skills, proficiency in emerging platforms, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Web-savvy and resourceful with web-based activities
• Trustworthy and able to key information confidential and not inadvertently share when others
If this is you, we look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter. Optional: Send us a short video resume (not required!) with a link to Youtube or Vimeo introducing us to you and your experience.
Candidates should be flexible/willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApply now