This is a full-time role based in San Jose, CA.
• Design and build development and test automation tools and framework to release good quality solutions using CI/CD model
• Develop tools and automate workflows to automate the setup, installation and upgrades of platform services
• Interpret high-level requirements and refine as agile-based implementation stories
• Design and build the cloud application environment based on Containers and Kubernetes
• Help applications transition to cloud native architectures
• Mentor other team members in cloud technology skills and programing
• Integrate the cloud application environment into underlying infrastructure components (networking, compute and storage)
• Test methodology (designing the test approach) to test the solution end-to-end
Must Have Skills and Experience:
• 6+ years of solid hands-on software development experience
• Software programming experience in Java, Python
• Excellent knowledge of building server-side RESTful web applications, APIs and automation tools
• Experience building cloud-based application using micro-services and deploying in containerized environments
• Experience working in DevOps model – CI/CD pipeline using tools Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Spinnaker
• Strong database experience: SQL (Oracle/MySQL), NoSQL (MongoDB/Cassandra)
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience in using public cloud providers to develop and deploy applications
• Experience in developing solution using test-driven development
• Possess good understanding of QA methodologies and processes
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
Nice to have skills:
• Programming experience in Golang, Groovy
• Configuration Management Tools – Puppet/Ansible
• Experience building an integrated test automation platform/framework
• Prior experience working with the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program’s instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
Candidates should be flexible/willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
- Qualifications: 3-9 years experience; Bachelor’s degree
- Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
- Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApply now