• 2+ years of development experience in Java (C++, C#, and/or C could be useful here with some Java experience)
• 2+ years of development experience in Perl and shell (or equivalent UNIX scripting languages, shell strongly preferred)
• 2+ years of professional experience developing in a Linux/UNIX environment
• Strong analytical skills
• Good knowledge of object oriented analysis and software design patterns
• Experience working in a challenging and fast paced environment
• Experience working in complex software development projects
• Experience in all stages of the software development cycle and knowledge of configuration management tools (Clearcase, Perforce, and/or GIT preferred)
• Strong documentation and written English communication skills
Skills that would be a plus:
• 2+ years of Linux system administration experience
• 2+ years of Python experience
• Webservice development and deployment
• Medical Domain Experience
• Prior GE Experience
• Agile/SCRUM development methodology experience
A Software Engineer designs, develops or maintains the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments. Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
Candidates should be flexible/willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
• Qualification: Minimum 3 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law