Backend Engineer with System Admin background, to be based in San Jose, CA.
• 4 to 8+ years of software development experience with particular concentration in enterprise web applications using Java EE technologies.
• Taking care system admin activities (like monitoring infra, upgrades, patches & security etc.)
• Working closely with the other developers, will participate in the system architecture design, development, integration testing and validation, (requirements to design to implementation to test) for a java back end application.
• As part of maintenance the candidate is expected to diagnose and fix issues in existing application components.
• Demonstrated expertise with Java, Object-Oriented Design and Java Application Servers such as JBOSS or WebSphere, and relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
• Extensive skills in JPA- Hibernate and strong SQL skills is required for this position
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to software problems
• Demonstrated ability to incorporate rigorous Unit testing as part of development activities is essential
• Code (preferably Java) and writing samples may be requested.
• Excellent attention to detail, strong analytical, diagnostic, problem-solving, debugging and optimization skills.
• Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
Backend Engineer Must Have Skills:
• Excellent Core Java skills such as OOPs, multi-threading, exception handling
• Experience with consuming and developing SOA and REST services.
• Experience with Spring and Hibernate.
• Experience in databases pertaining to application development, performance and scale (MySQL or Oracle).
• Experience in noSQL data stores such as MongoDB, memcached etc.
• Experience with agile development practices, including TDD
• Experience with source control systems such as SVN, and Git; bug tracking systems such as Bugzilla or Jira.
• Able to interact and communicate diplomatically with other team members, multiple internal departments, and management.
Backend Engineer Good to Have Skills:
• Knowledge and or experience in Cisco Collaboration products and APIs (AXL, SXML, Spark, Tropo etc).
• Experience in UI development, integrating UI with REST service is a plus.
• Experience with messaging frameworks (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka etc.,).
• Experience with BigData technologies such Hive, Apache Spark, MapReduce.
• Experience writing scripts using either of Python, PERL, Java, etc
• General knowledge and proficiency in systems administration (*NIX).
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program’s instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
Candidates should be flexible/willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
• Qualifications: 3-9 years experience; Bachelor’s degree
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law