PTC (Positive Train Control) Integration Test Engineer
Skills Required :
• Prior Railroad industry experience and/or any PTC experience required.
• Familiar with Train Control PTC products such as CAD, Back Office server, Locomotive onboard system
• Experienced on Train Control PTC products such as CAD/BOS/OB system is preferred.
• Knowledge of custom software and integration program throughout the full life cycle (Architecture-design-build-integration-deployment and support)
• Experience in Lab testing and Field Testing of PTC products
• Experienced within integration and implementation in a complex distributed application and infrastructure environment
• Exposed to Hardware and Software integration, firmware, application and telecommunication configuration management
• Exposed to various comm. protocols standards i.. Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP and EMP, ClassD IP protocols
• Have integration testing experience preferably on PTC products
• Able to understand L1 requirements and create test cases for integration between CAD/BOS/OB
• Have experience in any test automation and test management tool and be able to automate the test cases
• Have experience in scripting languages such as Jscript, Perl, Python etc.
• Have good defect finding and debugging skills with understanding of defect life cycle
• Good to have Linux OS working knowledge
• Good to have understanding of applicable Railway safety and integration/system testing standards
• Strong communication skills
• Good team player and highly motivated
• Strong Analytical, Debugging and Problem solving skills
Keywords: Integration Testing, Lab Testing, Field Testing, Railroad, PTC, CAD, Back Office Server/BOS, Locomotive Onboard
Qualification : Bachelor Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or Software Engineering
Min Relevant Experience: 3 years in integration testing/Lab Testing/Field Testing in Train Control PTC products for any railroad
The candidate will be responsible for :
– Analyzing L1/ System level requirements, writing integration test cases based on L1 requirements to ensure the quality and performance of system/sub-systems/software applications under test
– Creating and executing procedures & automated integration test scripts and reporting test results
– Identify Signal issues causing train enforcement
– Lab Testing and Field Testing of PTC products
– Other responsibilities would include defect reporting, defect tracking, test management
Qualifications – External:
Test Consultants are concerned with the independent verification and validation of the products produced by the development process. Testing is carried out in each phase: the requirements are tested by an acceptance test, the system design (analysis and design) by a system and integration test, and the programs by a program and module test.
Required Skills and Experience:
You design and develop more complex tests and non-functional tests. You perform many of the roles required of a software testing project, through which you acquire a full testing lifecycle experience. Typically you perform these roles as a senior member in a wider team. You act as a stream leader with technical delivery ownership within a limited number of technology areas. You contribute to bid or client proposals based on your technological expertise. You have delivery ownership and guide individuals and groups towards desired outcomes. You also actively participate in at least one community.
Candidates should be flexible/willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
• Qualification: Minimum 5 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Software Engineering, Architecture Knowledge
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApply now