The candidate will participate in requirements analysis, detailed design, development/implementation, unit testing, integration testing, and debugging of applications supporting the data/phone/video provisioning family of applications with concentration in the client’s Business IP telephony product lines (eMTA, SIP/PRI Trunking, and IP Centrex). The candidate will have the responsibility to be the team’s subject matter expert on client’s Business IP telephony products.
1. Completes technical development tasks pertaining to the provisioning applications per approved projects and allocated budgets
2. Interfaces with product management, product operations, telephony engineering, and business analysis during requirements refinement and reviews.
3. Interfaces extensively with functional users to confirm the applicability of design alternatives, identifies and recommends cost effective options, and address user concerns;
4. Interfaces as necessary with all critical integration points to insure that applications are integrating successfully and efficiently with all requested applications;
5. Conducts necessary internal design and code reviews, system testing, and load testing to ensure that the application is of high quality when released to Quality Assurance for the testing phase of the project (manage all necessary migration of software code to/from the respective environments – development, quality assurance, training);
6. Works closely with Quality Assurance testers during the testing phase of the project to ensure that any and all necessary changes(fixes or enhancements) to the application can be accommodated to meet user requirements while also honoring timeline and budget restrictions;
7. Provides detailed deployment documentation to the Technical Operations support group to ensure preparedness to deploy new releases into the production environment within the SLA windows
8. Interfaces with data base administrators to ensure that data base access and updating is done efficiently
9. Configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains program code and applications to support the data, phone and video provisioning applications of client.
BS/BA in computer science or 5+ years of experience
Extensive experience with Java EE (i.e. Container-Managed Resources, Data sources, SOAP/RESTful Web Services, EJBs, MDBs, JMS, etc.).
Extensive experience with development against a container (i.e. Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, Glassfish or WebSphere).
Strong experience with SOAP and REST web service development (JAX-RS, JAX-WS, CXF, Axis, JAXB).
Expert command of the following technology and tools: IBatis, JDBC, ANT, OOAD, Eclipse, Javadoc, JUnit, GIT/Stash, JIRA.
Excellent communication skills, both written an oral.
Self-motivated and is able to perform duties with little or no supervision.
In addition to the required skills, the candidate having the following skills is highly desirable:
Knowledge of and experience with IP telephony, BroadSoft BroadWorks
OSS service enablement and/or provisioning
workflow engines (JBPM, Orchestra, etc.)
Java 6, 7, 8 EE
ORACLE 11G – SQL, PL/SQL
Linux Scripting (bash shell, awk, sed, etc.)
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program’s instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
• Qualifications: 3-9 years experience; Bachelor’s degree
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApply now