AIE Operations Consultant
Capgemini Applied Innovation Exchange | San Francisco, CA, United States
Who we are:
Capgemini, one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, has introduced their Flagship San Francisco Site for Applied Innovation Exchange (AIE).
The Applied Innovation Exchange (AIE), is an integral system that enables clients to not only discover but to also apply the most relevant innovations. AIE is a global and fully-integrated network of applied innovation sites, centers and labs which collaborate with an ecosystem of key business and technology partners, startups, accelerators, incubators, and academic institutions worldwide. Capgemini’s AIE has been created to enable organizations to use a set of tried and tested design approaches, tools and methods to proactively plan for the various technology and business shifts which are confronting them on a daily basis, while reducing the cycle time from discovery to deployment in order to accelerate the realization of sustainable business benefits.
Do you want to join Capgemini’s growing innovation ecosystem?
What does it mean to work at the Capgemini Applied Innovation Exchange? We zealots for open innovation and helping our clients apply innovation for business value. We are culturally diverse with Business Collaboration deeply ingrained in our culture as well as our method. Changing the way our clients apply innovation to their business challenges is a mission that inspires us daily. It gets us up in the morning and keeps us up at night. It means working alongside the best talent in the world – multi-disciplinary teams with deep expertise, designers, architects, entrepreneurs, data scientists and technologists – all under one roof managing innovation and experimenting with the latest methodologies and tools while improving outcomes. Our activities are cross industries and deal with the most senior clients or mission critical topics. It means facing new challenges and often being asked to work outside your comfort zone. It makes working at the SF AIE a challenge and truly unique experience.
The Position: Operations Consultant
Our Applied Innovation Exchange Operations Consultant will work closely with our Operation Leader in supporting our AIE team. The role witll be integral to our day to day processes and administration. The person in this position must be an ambitious team player who is energized and motivated by our fast-paced, nontraditional, and truly innovative environment. Our AIE Operation Consultant has an impact far beyond their operational duties. They have the opportunity to make every day at the Exchange more enjoyable by bringing energy and optimism to our visitors and staff.
• Maintains and improves AIE processes and associate tools and tracking
• Work closely with AIE team members to assist in our process application to key events and services
• Prepare agendas and lead recurring operationally meetings
• Work with service requestors of AIE service to triage initial requests
• Supports AIE Operations Leader with activities, including some for the Global AIE Network
• Prepares a variety of operational reports including operations scorecards and metrics
• Assists with customer service and action capture for visiting clients and staff
• Manages and maintains the AIE tracking and scheduling systems
• Ability to learn facility operations including a complex AV System for the site
• Assist with the on-boarding of new Exchange employees
• Flexible in working hours and able to support occasional evening client events
• Able to cross train and backup the AIE Ambassador and Facilities management role
• Other duties as assigned
Success in this role means learning fast and having a strong attention to detail and delivering results through teamwork. In representing the flagship AIE Site, you’re working with the key processes and actions for a well-run San Francisco AIE and also influencing the Global AIE Network. Demonstrating excellent organizational skills, good judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to obtain solutions on complex issues and challenges as they arise are key.
Someone who wants to influence your own development and open to applying your strong process focus to a new, flexible, and non-typical environment. You are dependable, energetic, and confident. One who holds oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards. You are self-directed and able to set direction and decipher importance/urgency of tasks and requests. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to be part of changing the way people embrace innovation for their business and where a job title is only considered the starting point of a long future with a Global company. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
• Minimum 3 years of project, program, or engagement management in a technical capacity
• Bachelor’s degree required; in a technical or Business area is preferred
• Experience in the Bay Area with an IT Services, internet, consulting, and/or a startup firm preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Understanding of Technical Services like those provided by Capgemini to its clients
• Demonstrated ability to succeed working in a dynamic team environment
• Outgoing, welcoming, and professional demeanor
• Ability to handle multiple requests and inquiries independently without compromising quality
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Solid computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Web-savvy and resourceful with web-based activities, Salesforce experience is a plus
• Trustworthy and able to key information confidential and not inadvertently share when others
If this is you, we look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter. Optional: Send us a short video resume (not required!) with a link to Youtube or Vimeo introducing us to you and your experience.
– 2-3 years experience in a related role
– Demonstrated deep content knowledge in individual functional area
– Experience performing work to achieve objectives with minimal guidance
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Experience identifying and prioritizing issues and developing alternative solutions pertaining to individual functional area
– Experience constructing deliverables suitable for distribution or deployment
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApply now