BI Developer – This position builds and/or supports customer web content management, collaboration and business process solutions, as well as BI applications/ reports using SharePoint and other BI tools ( Microstrategy, Teradata, PowerBuilder).
Includes using SharePoint Designer and Visual Studio to develop custom enterprise SharePoint solutions, as well as partners with the Client Infrastructure team to perform basic SharePoint administration
Duties and Responsibilities (Key Deliverables):
– Works closely with IT architects and business analysts to understand system and business requirements.
– Works with business and IT technical areas to develop and provide SharePoint solutions, BI reports, scorecards and executive level dashboards through front-end BI distribution channels.
– Performs testing and prototyping of SharePoint and BI tool solutions.
– Assists BI/EDW team with defining standards and implementation of best practices.
– Uses Client project methodology where appropriate. Contributes to the project planning process by estimating tasks and deliverables.
– Educates, trains, coaches and mentors team members on SharePoint and BI solutions.
– Provides support and administration for SharePoint and other enterprise BI tools and reporting platforms including optimization, data validation and production trouble-ticket resolution.
– Provides off-hours support.
– This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or 5 years of equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
– Master’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
– 3+ years of experience in SharePoint, .Net Development and other BI systems/tools development and programming.
– Strong ASP.Net, VB.Net and C# development skills required.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
– Strong SharePoint solution development skills, web part customization, as well as experience with SharePoint Designer required.
– SharePoint administration experience strongly preferred.
– Knowledge of XML, Ajax, and CSS required.
– Excel-VBA, Reporting Services, and Analytic Services knowledge helpful.
– Strong knowledge of other Client Enterprise Business Intelligence tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, BI-Query, Teradata SQL Assistant, SAS, SPSS) desired.
– Strong Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel).
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
– Relational database knowledge (RDBMS), including data warehousing (Teradata ).
– Corporate office environment with majority of time spent at desk location and in meetings.
– Some travel to stores, DFs, corporate offices, vendor sites and/or training seminars/conferences with infrequent overnight travel may be required.
– Periodically on-call outside of normal work hours to provide support by either working from home or on-site.
– May be required to be available via electronic page.
– May be required to provide 24×7 on-call support for any emergency which requires activation of all or part of the Business Continuity plans.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You provide application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
• Qualifications: 1-4 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications
• Analyzes requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
• Should have progressing skills in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have baseline skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApply now