Primary Skill: DBA Oracle Multiple
Locations: Charlotte, NC ,St Louis, MO, Minneapolis, MN, Chandler, AZ, Nashville, TN, Rapid City, SD and Sioux falls, SD
Enterprise Database Management is the CoE for database management.
This position provides senior level capabilities relative to database administration for the company.
The person filling this position must be able to:
· Develop operational policies, procedures, controls and standards
· Develop, implement and maintain automation efficiencies using scripting languages (PERL, Korn Shell) in a UNIX environment
· Develop and maintain implementation guides and maintenance processes and documentation
· Database software certifications, roadmap planning and maintenance management
· Perform database environment capacity planning and availability management
· Collaborate with partners to resolve company database policy compliance and vulnerability violations
· Provide 24×7 on-call support for complex production problems to include experience with escalation and communication of the problem to senior management
· Consult with and advise management on high impact database solutions and database management topics
· Consults with multiple groups in concert with senior level DBA and management oversight on initiatives that could have enterprise impact
· Participates in the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization’s server-class databases.
· Consults with and advises management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues with direct oversight from the senior DBA’s on the team.
Handles and participates in various medium to large scale or data/database management activities including one or more of the following:
- Designing simple to medium complexity logical and/or physical databases in Oracle
- Leading simple to medium complexity data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts
- Developing procedures and standards
· 4+ year’s database design and administration experience
· Excellent verbal written, and interpersonal communication skills
· A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
· 4+ years of experience with Linux, Solaris and other flavors of UNIX.
· 4+ years of experience with Oracle technologies (Oracle RAC, ASM, partitioning, security, performance tuning, memory management, SQL tuning, statistics gathering, Application audit logs, Scheduling, etc.
· 2+ years of experience in utilizing performance tuning tools like Explain plan, AWR, Grid control or similar technologies.
· Understand and interpret the reports generated from tools and resolve performance issues.
· 4+ years of experience in backup and recovery, application patching, cloning, maintenance and problem solving within the Oracle 11g and 12c environment.
· 4+ years of experience in leading and supporting upgrade activities within the Oracle 11g/12c environment.
· 4+ years of experience with Med (1TB) to Large (30 TB) sized databases
· Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, retain, and apply good interpersonal skills, and perform effectively under time pressure are critical skills required for this position
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Must be strong in analyzing how Oracle resources are being used during SQL executions.
· Ability to write and maintain high quality documentation
· Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with business partners
· 2+ years of experience with CA Unicenter Autosys
· 2+ years of experience with Golden Gate data or Shareplex replication
· 1+ years of experience with Transparent Data Encryption
· Unix scripting experience required
· Familiarity and experience operating in an enterprise environment using formal procedures and policies required for escalation and outage resolution.
Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• System Monitoring
• Installation Services and Management
• OS administration; User Administration
• Application Software support
• Facilities Management
• Security Services; Back-up Services
• Hardware services/management
• Documentation/Regulatory requirements
Remotely managed servers overseas, including:
- System Monitoring
- OS administration; User administration
- Application Software support
- Security Management
- Back-up Services (monitoring only)
- Hardware Services (advisory)
- Developing and implementing service improvements
- Attending with Active ownership of DR rehearsals
- Monthly Reporting
- Designing and implementing Ad-hoc project work requests
- On-call cover and out of hours support
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution DesignApply now