Data Analyst Lead – Spark/Scala Developer
This position involves performing custom development using Spark/Scala throughout the entire project life cycle.
Scala developers are capable of full cycle project leadership including application architecture, design input, and database design/programming.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail oriented, takes extreme pride in their work, and is highly collaborative.
• Participate in the design and implementation of a large and architecturally significant application
• Communicate effectively with both business and technical audiences
• Champion company standards and best practices
• Build partnerships across application, business and infrastructure teams
• Document designs and specifications
• Implement solutions that can solve common problems
• Research relevant technology trends and recognize trends that are relevant to the retail industry
• Work to continuously improve web development processes and practices
• Extensive knowledge of Scala/Java development.
• Experience with Spark/Hbase SQL on an Agile project.
• A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
• Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients timelines and budgets.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Database Design & Development
• Application Development
• Agile Methodology
• Spark Scala (Includes Data Modeler, Data Miner.)
Responsible for importing, cleaning, transforming, validating and modeling data with the purpose of understanding and drawing conclusions from data (may be presented in charts, graphs, and/or tables).
Also, design and develop relational databases for collecting and storing data and build and design data input and data collection mechanisms.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are responsible for data related activities such as data extraction, profiling, cleansing, de-duplication, standardization, conversion, transformation and loading, data mining, warehousing, archiving and reporting.
Responsible for all activities required to ensure optimum performance and data integrity of databases in production environments, in line with the requirements.
Responsible for server based databases in development and test environments including database software installation, database creation, performance and capacity design, backup and recovery design, security design.
3-9 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree
Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
Should have progressing skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApply now