Senior / Intermediate / Junior Operation Application Specialist
Capgemini is transforming how organizations engage and interact with their consumers, helping them to develop and deliver the digital strategies that will outperform the competition. As class leader in digital consulting we help companies all over the world understanding the impact Digital is having on their consumers and on their businesses. In Capgemini, we help our clients across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are our model. Working closely with each other and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals.
We are seeking both experienced, intermediate and junior consultants to join our IoT Application Management team in Milan.
Who will you work with?
You will work with professional Application Specialist consultants in IoT World. They will help you growing your soft and core skills. Client of our IoT Operations team is the global leader operator in IoT end-to-end services. You will contribute to enterprise and consumers’ Digital Transformation that enables technology innovation and humanity progress. You will work in a dynamic context leveraging cutting-edge technologies and methodologies. You will work in a stimulating environment of passionate people for innovative technology who support client business and keep systems ‘up and running’ in the smoothest way, in order to guarantee the maximum standards in terms of availability and reliability.
The focus of your role
We are looking to bring in people at all levels, so do not hesitate if you do not meet all the following requirements.
To be successful in this role…
…as a Senior Application Specialist:
- You have relevant experience in managing and maintaining complex integrated systems
- You are responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting performance and integration issues of an extensive SOA architecture
- You have excellent communication skills for interaction with client and internal management
- You own aptitude for team management and leadership as well as knowledge sharing abilities
- You are quality and process fulfillment oriented
…as an Intermediate or Junior Application Specialist:
- You like troubleshooting and problem resolving of complex integrated architectures.
- You have good communication skills and you like sharing knowledge with your teammates.
What will you do?
We are looking to recruit Junior (0-1 years of experience), Intermediate (2-5 years of experience) and Senior (>5 years of experience) Consultants to work in the IoT Operations Team and have one of following curricula.
- Actively participate in troubleshooting activities and post-incident follow-ups, providing regular updates to Client and Service Managers
- Drive projects to completion while maximizing customer service and perceived value
- Design, implement and document monitoring requirements aimed to increase platform availability
- Collect, document and share technical knowledge with team members and Service Managers through internal training sessions with the purpose of creating a collaborative environment
- Proactively propose technical improvements to Client’s platform in order to increase service efficiency and robustness
- Lead, influence and inspire junior teammates to improve quality work and internal process fulfillment
- Review and approve technical project documentation
INTERMEDIATE / JUNIOR
- Work in a structured team who maintains high quality Operation services
- Help first level teams in autonomously solving standard service requests or incidents
- Support third level teams in troubleshooting and resolving platform incidents
- Support Incident and Change Management following ITIL processes standards
- Develop internal tools for platform monitoring and work automation
- Ensure high-level communication and customer support delivery
Required Technical Skills
Senior Technical Profile (at least 4):
- Expertise on managing complex integrated SOA architectures
- Expertise on Application Management of Java environments
- Knowledge on application protocols and systems TCP, DNS, HTTPS, SOAP
- Knowledge and proven experience on Incident, Problem and Change Management within ITIL guide lines
- Expertise in Linux and bash scripting
- Knowledge and expertise on Oracle DB and SQL
- Knowledge and expertise on Oracle Middleware Products: Weblogic, ODI, Oracle Service Bus, BPEL
- Knowledge and expertise on Oracle Identity Management Suite
Intermediate Technical Profile (at least 3):
- Experience in Application Management in medium-complex platforms
- Experience in Incident Management in an ITIL compliant environment
- Experience in at least one of the following Oracle products: Weblogic, ODI, OSB, BPEL
- Experience in Oracle DB and basic SQL scripting
- Experience in Linux shell and bash scripting
Junior Technical Profile:
- Knowledge in Relational Database and basic SQL scripting
- Knowledge in Linux shell and bash scripting
Cross-Level “Nice to have”
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing and Containerization Technologies
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies and DevOps tools
Required Soft Skills
- A demonstrable willingness to learn and develop your career
- Ability to take ownership of your own work and deliverables with a can-do attitude
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly at an executive level
- Highly-structured and conceptual mind-set
- Proven problem analysis and resolution skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills within a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to expose complex matters in simple terms for non-technical people
- Good documentation skills alongside the ability to apply attention to detail
- Flexibility and availability to work as on-call and to perform planned night activities
- Demonstrable effective team working skills
Education and Languages
- Educated to University Degree level or equivalent.
- Good English communication skills spoken, listening and written
More about this opportunity
You will work in Milan as an office base location. We offer a remuneration package that includes fixed salary, and, in addition to it, you will receive variable compensation depending on Company and personal performance.
Why join us?
- Professional development and accelerated career progression
- An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit
- We recognize individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you
- You will be part of a wide international environment with great visibility of your personal results
What makes Capgemini unique?
Countless opportunities are waiting for you to boost your development forward. You only have to choose those that suit you.
We believe the following make Capgemini a great place to work:
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged
- Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve its full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.