- Review Software applications for potential security vulnerabilities by conducting application security reviews i.e. Secure Design review, Threat Modelling.
- Liaison with Developers, Architects, Project Managers to understand the working of an application, how effectively they are implemented and where security mechanisms are employed.
- Understand the business requirements, evaluate potential products / solutions and provide technical recommendations.
- Be “hands on” with technology and to contribute to the design, development and support of projects with the Security recommendations.
- Identify risks across the IT estate; including applications, databases, network and other infrastructure components
- Identify controls to ensure compliance with HSBC Information Security policies and standards.
- Contribute to process, procedures and tool identification/development.
- Expand their skills, knowledge and experience to enhance the overall capability of the function
- Management of senior stakeholders and problem solving
- Work on complex and technically challenging projects
- Threat Modeling
- Secure Design Reviews
- Application Security
- Security Operation Center