Software Development Engineer in Test _2 to 4 Yrs_ Bangalore
Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test _2 to 4 Yrs_ Bangalore
- Responsible for the quality of selected application/product features.
- Work closely with Development and Product management teams to provide feedback on design (functional and technical) and user scenarios
- Development responsibilities include doing code review / bug analysis, analyzing development and test impacts, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
- Drive improvements in unit testing coverage, design test framework, develop test suites, expand automated testing harness and automate scenarios/cases
- Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests accurately and in timely manner, debugging to find root cause, validation of the resolved ones and closing it
- Able to demonstrate expertise by sharing best practices, tools, white papers etc and drive engineering excellence across organization
- Java or Python or C#, Selenium, Cucumber (good to have), SQL , XML, HTML, Unit testing tools (either Junit, Nunit, qUnit), Static code quality tools (SonarQube for example), continuous build and integration tools (maven, Jenkins), SoapUI or CA Lisa
- Candidate should have strong programming, debugging experience, and excellent problem solving skills.
- The ability to work closely with developers, program managers and other test teams, to ensure the quality of the owned components
- Good knowledge on test plans, test spec creations and test processes. A test mentality and methodology with a strong focus on user scenario testing.
- Work experience in financial services or Ecommerce domain and on large Enterprise class business applications would be an added advantage
- Looking for candidates with 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Engineering Degree/Master Degree in Computer Science or similar field with good results
Competencies and Skills
Client Acquisition & Development
Innovation & Capability Growth
Service & Delivery
Technology Awareness and Leveraging
Technical Solution Design