- One of our leading Insurance clients is in need of a Senior Splunk engineer.
- The Senior Splunk engineer would closely work with our Client IT Security in the configuration and rollout of Splunk functionality, enhancing the existing Splunk environments, troubleshooting, implementing changes, trend analysis and providing best practices as needed
• Understanding of Splunk architecture, including configuration files.
• Experience maintaining Splunk components (indexer, forwarder, search head).
• Experience onboarding new data sources and setting up alerts (formatting, standardization, etc).
• Experience writing Splunk queries to create complex Splunk dashboards.
• Previous experience implementing Splunk Best Practices (apps, add-ons, searches, etc).
• Ability to write regex to perform field extractions at search time.
• Knowledge of app creation, user and role access permissions.
• Understanding of Application and Infrastructure Performance Management
• Previous experience with large software implementations in a Windows/Unix environment.
• Strong technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
• Analyzes data from various sources to determine next steps
• Responsible for the design, implementation, and support of Splunk at client site
• Develop, implement, and document configuration standards, policies, and procedures for operating, managing, and ensuring the security of the Splunk infrastructure
• Develop custom Splunk searches, programming, and reporting
• Participate in incident, problem, and change management processes
• Measures and demonstrates software compliance with internal and external regulations
• Manages physical and virtual environments from a unified management platform
• Work closely with UNIX, Linux and Windows server administration teams to diagnose and resolve configuration issues
• Hands-on support of Windows, Linux and/or AIX in large, enterprise environment
• Responsible for provisioning, patching, and managing of heterogeneous servers