Oracle Database Administrator – 4 to 6 years – Mumbai
Job Title:- Oracle Database Administrator
Experience:- 4 to 6 years
Job Location:- Mumbai
- At least 5 years experience in Oracle 11g.
- At least 5 years experience in Oracle (Grid Infrastructure / Computer Reservations System) aka RAC.
- At least 5 years experience in Oracle Cloud Control 12c.
- At least 5 years experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8 and 6.2.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products.
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Take care of the Database design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges) • Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Perform application tuning and performance monitoring.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Work as part of a team and provide 24×7 support when required.
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams.
- Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support..
- Patch Management and Version Control.
- A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators.
- Provide a strategic database direction for the organisation.
- Installing and upgrading the Oracle server and application tools.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system.
- Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces) after application developers have designed an application.
- Creating primary objects (tables, views, indexes) once application developers have designed an application.
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers.
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
- Ensuring compliance with your Oracle license agreement.
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database.
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information.
- Maintaining archived data on tape.
- Backing up and restoring the database.
- Contacting Oracle Corporation for technical support.
- Good understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools.
- A good understanding of the underlying operating system.
- Good knowledge of the physical database design.
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring.
- Knowledge of ALL Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- Good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- Good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- Good knowledge Oracle data integrity.
- Sound knowledge of the implemented application systems.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Knowledge of both database and system performance tuning.
- Ready to work in rotational shift / Night shifts.
Contact Person:- Nitika Pandita