* Manage and Support SAP Technical Infrastructure components that run on ABAP and/or JAVA stacks
* Responsible for Performance Tuning/Installations/Documentation/Upgrades/Monitoring of SAP Application/ Netweaver Suite of products like ERP, BW, XI, SRM, Portal, GRC on AIX/DB2 platforms
* Research and Install Enhancement packages and SAP delivered Business Content for SAP Applications
* In-depth knowledge of ABAP and JAVA monitoring tools for root cause analysis such as CCMS, DB cockpit and SMD
* Evaluate Early Watch/Service Level reports and come up with an action plan to address the gaps on an ongoing basis
* Perform Client Copies/System Refreshes to support QA testing
* Knowledge of Transport Management System configurations & ChaRM.
* Capacity planning activities to track database growth, participates in sizing and SAP archiving activities
* Support current SAP DR Strategy and Backup-Recovery/Configuration/ upgrade/ monitoring of DB2 and Oracle databases in an SAP environment.
* Develop and maintain UNIX shell scripts required for monitoring alerts and process automation. Work with Unix/Storage and Network teams to configure systems and troubleshoot.
* Have to work in different shift to provide support 24/7 and perform on-call responsibilities, which requires a 24×7 pager on a rotational basis
* Learn and stay up-to-date on the architecture and implementation of the business systems applications specifically SAP
* Work with developers, UNIX and functional representatives to solve Basis level issues.
* Collaborate and work with project teams
* Evaluate current technology and recommend tools/processes for improving availability, reliability, and stability and work efficiencies (within team or across dept.)
* Generate innovative approaches and solutions to complex problems
* Adapt to integrating new and existing solutions across platforms
Good communication skills (verbal & written)
Unix Shell Scripting experience