Skill : Mainframe Storage Admin – 4 to 10yrs – Bangalore
Skill : Mainframe Storage Admin
Required skills and Job responsibilities
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Mainframe Storage Management DASD and/or Tape. Experience in a multi-processor shared data environment preferred but not essential.
- Experience in management and administration of Virtual Tape environments.
- Excellent skills in IBM TSO, ISPF
- Excellent skills in IBM mainframe JCL
- Familiarity with mainframe scheduling systems like ESP and CA-7
- Familiarity with security systems like RACF and ACF2 and experience in diagnosing and fixing storage security related problems.
- In-depth experience using CA-1 tape management system
- In-depth knowledge and excellence experience in fundamental storage management areas:
- VSAM: VSAM Terminology, VSAM Dataset Organization, Access Method Services, IDCAMS / LASTCC / MAXCC, LISTCAT, Alternate Indexes, GDG’s
- Catalogs: Concepts of all types of Catalogs and catalog structures, catalog creations, merges, copies, protecting catalogs, diagnosing catalog
- DASD Administration: DASD Initialization – Concept on VTOC – Reformat VTOC – De – fragmentation – Compress – Release – ISMF
- Tape Administration: Concepts on DFSMSdss – Tape Initialization – Backup & Restoration – Viewing content on tape, DFHSM
- Proficient Problem Determination Skills – OS Catalogs, DFHSM, SMS, space problems, Virtual tape environments
- Experience in Service Management processes and tools. Problem management, Incident management, Change management, etc.
- Ability to provide 7 x 24 x 365 On call Rotation
- Experience in working in an IBM zOS mainframe operating environment
- Expérience using IBM data management utilities
- Ability to work off hours and weekends to support changes and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Proficient is being able to review system logs, identification of errors and effectively determine problem and resolve issue
- Vendor interaction experience
- Resolve Batch Abends – Problem determination, message identification
- Excellent English skills – Verbal, Reading, Writing Comprehension
- Strong time management skills, ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Experienced with performing Disaster Recovery (system backups and restore, creation of DR plans)
- Top level support experience with troubleshooting, researching and resolving complex issues
Exp : 4 to 10yrs
Primary Skill: Mainframe Storage Admin
Secondary skill: System Programming
Job Location: Bangalore