Infrastructure Solutions Architect-6 to 9Yrs-Pune
Position Summary In conjunction with Solution Engineers, the Infrastructure Solutions Architect works with infrastructure, business and application development areas to provide General Consulting, Business Planning Estimates, Design, Implementation Planning and Feasibility Estimate services.
This position works closely with Enterprise Architecture and Subject Matter Experts throughout the company to help identify/design/plan infrastructure changes. Principal Responsibilities • Design and Plan Infrastructure solutions based on business, development and infrastructure requirements.
• Develop Business Planning Estimates, Designs and Implementation Plans resulting in Build, Operations and Services Specifications.
• Maintain understanding of existing DTCC technology assets for leveraging the reuse and/or consolidation of Infrastructure.
• Lead and enable collaboration across technology specialties.
• Obtain concurrence and agreement on Infrastructure solutions from requestor throughout engagement.
• Maintain understanding of emerging infrastructure concepts and methods and associated technology trends.
• Maintain working knowledge of Software Implementation Life Cycle (SILC) and Agile methodologies.
• Work with Infrastructure and application development teams to architect standard infrastructure solutions within DTCC datacenters and Cloud providers.
• Monitor post-implementation.
• Update team documentation, templates, training material, process flows, policies and procedures.
• Assist senior architects with requirements gathering.
• Conduct bi-annual survey, review data and generate report to management. Experience
• Non-complex enterprise engineering and design.
• Engineering solutions adhering to compliance (e.g. HIPAA, SOX, SAS70, etc).
• Multiple platforms (e.g. Mainframe, Distributed and Windows).
• One of the following: Storage & Server, Networking & Security and Database Deployment / Migration.
• Two (2) or more of the following areas: Mainframe/Midrange, Distributed Systems, Network/Security, Storage, Middleware, Database, Tools, 3rd party technologies and User Technologies.
• Microsoft Office and Sharepoint.
• Scoping, designing, integrating and implementing infrastructure to high availability, distributed and mission critical business systems
• Infrastructure Compliance, backup/recovery, business continuity and monitoring.
• Capacity planning, sizing, fault tolerance, high availability and load balancing in a distributed application environment
• Implementing systems with transaction management & database management.
• Infrastructure analysis and design experience in mapping user problems to reusable design and technology solutions.
• Datacenter production experience in a Global environment.
• Functional knowledge of: Standards Usage, Cost Analysis and Management, Capacity Planning / Demand Management, Compliance, Support (Operations/Customer Care), Asset Repurpose Management, Risk Management, Green Technology, ITIL and IT Governance.
• Demonstrated ability to produce cost-benefit analysis and/or ROI. • General business workflow experience.