Hadoop Administrator_4 to 6.5 yrs _Pune
Any Graduate OR Post Graduate
Hadoop administrator will be responsible for implementation and support of the Enterprise Hadoop environments (Hortonworks). Job involves designing, capacity arrangement, cluster set up, performance fine-tuning, monitoring, scaling and administration. The administrator will work closely with infrastructure, network, database, business intelligence and application teams to ensure business applications are highly available and performing within agreed on service levels.
• Solid experience of building large Hadoop clusters with deep understanding of complete installation process, platform upgrades and evergreening of Hadoop platform.
• Experience in Implementation and Administration of Hadoop clusters using Ambari.
• Solid understanding and technical knowledge of Hadoop eco system components across the technology stack. Experience in deployment, configuration and handling of various components like Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Sqoop, HAWQ, Hbase, Pentaho, Platfora, Trifacta etc.
• Experience in maintaining multiple Hadoop clusters of different sizes with Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Should be able monitor the performance of the cluster / jobs and troubleshoot issues, if any. Provide the remedial measures.
• Should possess good understanding of various enterprise security practices and solutions such as LDAP, Kerberos, KMS, Ranger and KNOX.
• Experience in setup of new Hadoop users i.e. setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing Hortonworks HDFS, Hive, and Spark access for the new users.
• Experience in Linux Administration and troubleshooting. Shell scripting will be an advantage.
• Experience in configuration and troubleshooting Knox/LDAP connectivity with third party application.
• Experience on setting up of Disaster Recovery sites will be an added advantage.
• Should possess good understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimisations.
• Should possess excellent communication skills and willing to provide 24*7 production support