Job Title Sr. Cloud Solution Architect
Location: Bangalore, India
Exp Level: 13 years minimum
- Requirement Gathering & Solutioning
- Responsible for understanding and elaborating on client requirements and developing solutions that meet these needs in a customer facing role.
- Interfacing with internal teams to ensure completeness and relevance to customer requirements.
- Achieving “Trusted Advisor” status among targeted strategic pursuit and key growth accounts.
- Travelling as required and working hours which align to customer business when 1) on site and 2) working on a strategic pursuit that requires this. Otherwise working standard contracted hours.
i. Recommended Practices
- Defining the technical solution utilising recommended practices for Public Cloud architecture.
- Ensuring solutions are developed in compliance with established Technical Governance methodologies, ensuring a consistent approach to technical solutions and alignment to the Capgemini’s Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures as directed.
- Orchestrating and leading presales efforts inclusive of holistic IT optimization, consolidation, and transformation solutions for large customers inclusive of developing a strategy and collective vision.
- Supporting sales to articulate Capgemini’s solutions, cloud technologies, transformation and migration methodologies.
- Working as part of the Cloud Solutioning Architectural team to deliver larger pieces of work.
- Collateral management, optimization of recommended pricing, documenting pricing.
- Providing input on Cloud components into the Cloud & Edge Strategy & Architecture.
- Developing strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders within Capgemini’s business.
- Continuously keeping abreast of evolving technologies, emerging industry trends, developing Capgemini product & solutions, and demands of the enterprise consumer.
Solutioning & Public Cloud
- Strong solution architecture background with expertise in Infrastructure and Applications.
- Focusing on architecting Public and Hybrid Cloud solutions, producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in a cloud environment adhering to DR and availability best practices.
- Understanding of Cloud Managed Services covering tools and processes.
- A deep understanding of AWS and Azure platform features, capabilities and how to optimise these for an engagement.
- Can quickly assess technical feasibility and develop proposals in line with customer requirements.
- Able to help shape transition and transformation strategies with respect to Cloud.
- Understanding of workload assessment for the Cloud and ability to shape the business case.
- Understanding of Service Management tools in relation to Public Cloud Managed Services.
- Presentations skills: able to articulate technical and business value/outcomes to varying audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in a client facing role. Ability to build relationships and trust.
- Proactive and innovative. Process thinking
- Knowledge of data centre strategy, outsourcing capacity, utilization, disaster recovery, migration & consolidation and best practices.
- Strong infrastructure experience such as virtualization technologies, operating systems, platform migration, data management and networking.
- Certifications in AWS to Solution Architecture Associate or Azure 70-534 level as a minimum. AWS Solution Architect Professional or 70-533 or 70-532 certifications are highly desirable.
- Traditional certifications beneficial (RedHat, VMware etc.)
- Certification and/or experience in enterprise frameworks such as TOGAF, BCS Enterprise and Solution architecture also beneficial.
Expert in pricing Public Cloud Services:
• Use of Provider higher level services to optimize solution
• Selection of correct instance type, duration and consumption method
• Can estimate variable consumption charges
• Understand regional costing variations
• Able to make pricing assumptions to optimize cost
• Knowledge of Trusted Advisor and Cost Explorer
- Ability to understand the cost drivers of SLAs
- Produce architecture that satisfies SLA requirements as a minimum
- Balance Cost and SLAs to influence decision makers
- Compare client requirements to Vendor position
- Commercial Understand and input into contractual documents:
- Possess deep understanding of Vendor’s commercial terms
- Able to interpret terms imposed on Capgemini by client
- Determine whether terms are acceptable or not
- Understand flow-ups and flow-downs for a given commercial position
- Quantify risk and suggest mitigation steps to minimise penalties
- How workload movement and flex-up/flex-down will impact
Networking on Public Cloud
- Understanding of Public Cloud networks topologies and recommended practices
- CCNP level skills
- Knowledge of BGP, IPsec, static/dynamic routing, IPv4/v6 IPAM, DNS, NAT, Express Route/Direct Connect and flow logging/troubleshooting.
- Security in Public Cloud
- Understanding of fundamental security principles and Public Cloud specific security architecture features
- Ability to take customer requirements, translate those into solutions leveraging the inherent security capabilities of the Cloud Providers and additional supplementary controls
- Knowledge of AAA, CIA, encryption and key management, PKI, federation and separation of duties.