Quality and its perception can convert customers to ambassadors or send you back to the drawing board. But just how correlated is quality assurance and customer experience?
The World Quality Report 2018-19 has a few pointers. Download your copy:
We are sorry, the form submission failed. Please try again.
In its 10th edition, the report confirms a shift in business expectations with quality and its impact on customer experience. Demands for quality-at-speed and shift-left have placed the onus of ensuring end-user satisfaction on quality assurance teams. A sizable majority of 1700 respondents across 10 sectors and from 32 countries have confirmed this.
With customer experience ambitions set for QA teams, the adoption of artificial intelligence and automation to optimise software testing is inevitable. We believe this transformation will dramatically alter the QA and testing skills landscape. New roles like AI QA strategists, Data scientists, and AI test experts will be introduced within QA teams.
World Quality Report 2018-19 Findings:
- The first time ever that “end-user satisfaction” is the top objective of quality assurance and software testing strategy
- Low levels of automation and challenges with test data and environments holding back quality assurance and software testing efficiencies
- The skills required for quality assurance and software testing have changed
World Quality Report 2018-19: Key Recommendations
- Increase the level of basic and smart test automation, but do so in a smart, phased manner
- Implement a non-siloed approach for test environment and data provisioning
- Build quality engineering skills beyond software development engineers in test (SDETs)
- Improve tracking to optimise quality assurance and software testing spends
- Develop a testing approach for artificial intelligence solutions now