We were retained to understand the potential impact and required change to support increased traffic, both in store and online. The objective was to improve customer satisfaction, co-worker satisfaction and operational efficiency. A shift in cultural change was a key element to ensure sustainable improvement. The starting point showed:
- An operation unable to deliver key customer service levels.
- A lack of investment in tools, process and resources needed to deliver great customer service.
- A lack of on-site capability and expertise.
Following a period where we focused on improving core operational requirements, we sought to design, develop, trial and refine a series of operational improvements across five global locations, with our focus being:
- Operational Review: maturity assessments to understand core challenges, root causes and recommend simple, operationally focused improvements across the site/s.
- Fix the Basics: put measures in place to make fundamental changes to the base operation to improve the overall running of the function.
- Test & Learn: design a set of improvements to the operation through a quick start to test and learn, making tweaks based on feedback, impact and benefit.
- Operational Run: support the function to run the business as usual operation to allow stability whilst Fix the Basics and Test & Learn initiatives were developed and implemented.
- Continuous Improvement: transition solutions and the Test & Learn team to business as usual for the client to continue the process once the consulting team leaves.
Our flexible methodology accommodated the needs in each country as different elements of the approach applied to those regions. The new simplicity helped us to continuously develop our relationship and provide ongoing support in a meaningful way, creating solutions that helped change the culture of the business and meet the shifting expectations of the customers.