The Business and Technology Innovation Academy is one of the leading Business IT Services teams in the UK and Europe. Our high calibre management consultants deliver profitable outcomes in business and IT-oriented environments, working in a collaborative way with major FTSE 100 and Government clients to achieve their strategic goals effectively.
You will start your consulting career at Capgemini Invent with an intensive 1-2 week induction followed by a 3-day residential Consulting Skills course run by our renowned Capgemini University.
You will join our Consultant Development Community (CDC) as part of the Business and Technology Innovation (BTI) Academy and over two years learn how to be a Management Consultant specialising in Business and Technology Innovation. During the programme you will develop core consulting skills and additional specialist capabilities.
As a BTI specialist and valued member of the team, you’ll be working on our delivery projects from the outset, driving our transformation assignments and building valued and credible relationships with our clients. Working alongside a world-class team, you’ll acquire a foundation of consulting skills, tools and methodologies to help you develop your consulting career, acquiring a thorough understanding of the industry and the real technology issues facing our clients today.
Learning and Development
As part of the BTI academy, you’ll be part of a structured accredited training programme to build in-demand skills. The training programme will run over the course of 18 to 24 months and will focus on either Cyber Security or Digital IT. You will also have access to the set of accreditations available to all members of the CDC.
During your time in the CDC there will also be the opportunity to gain external accreditations such as:
- Agile and Scrum accreditation
- PRINCE2 Foundation Level
- CIMA’s Financial Management for Business qualification
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
In addition to these, as someone align to the BTI academy, you’ll have the opportunity to study for additional industry recognised accreditations including:
- Cyber Security Qualifications
- Cloud Qualifications
What You Will Do
During your time in the BTI academy you will work on digital transformation projects, building your consulting skills and working with clients across our main market sectors – Financial Services, Utilities, Government and Consumer Products/Retail. Typical roles could include analysing a client’s IT operating model, advising on move to cloud, improving their cybersecurity maturity or working as a business analyst in an Agile Scrum team.
Aside from your day-to-day project work you’ll also have the opportunity to gain external accreditations. As part of the team, you’ll be part of a structured market recognised training programme with a choice of specialism in either Cybersecurity or Digital IT. Over the course of the two years you’ll build knowledge and experience in some of the following areas:
- Digital IT Acceleration: IT Strategy and IT Operating Model Design, Governance and Performance Management, DevOps and Agile methodologies, transformation and organisational design
- Disruptive Innovation: Innovation (ideation, prototyping and incubation), Accelerated solution selection and delivery (user requirements, concept design and scaled agile), Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
- Digital IT & Cloud transition: Cloud advisory, strategy and operating model development, transformation design & roadmaps, and application migration activities
- Cybersecurity: Agile Cyber, Risk & Compliance (ISO 27001- 6), Personal Data Protection & GDPR Compliance, DevOps & Cloud Security, Security Education & Awareness and Phishing
What You Will Need
To get the most out of this role, you’ll have a passion for technology with a determination to drive digital change. You’ll be keen to work within an ambitious consulting environment, where you’ll want to contribute to our growth and success and work collaboratively with our clients to help them address their complex business challenges. Our business culture is collaborative and supportive – we place a large emphasis on developing the careers of our team and supporting each other across the practice, where team players bring a passion for transforming business through enabling technology. You should also be committed to completing the aligned external training and assessments that are a key component of the programme.
You’ll also have:
- A demonstrable passion for technology
- To be a critical thinker, curious by nature, passionate about solving problems and keen to embrace technology in all its aspects
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- A strong attention to detail, with the ability to interpret and present information and data in a clear and concise manner
- Be comfortable in working away from home for up to 5 days per week
- A strong desire to further your own personal development
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video interviewing and assessment centres.
The CDC Programme – Business and Technology Innovation Academy Apply here:
We currently do not have a date set for the applications to close, however we will close when enough applications have been submitted so please apply soon.