Big Data is not about the data! Using a wide range of data analysis tools, software and technology, we draw insights and design end-to-end solutions for businesses worldwide. If you are a fan of data analytics and modelling, join us to help get the most out of it and deliver value for our clients.
Our Analytics Team is made up of experienced business consultants who specialise in everything from the application of data science to complex business problems through to analytics strategy and transformation services. Often our team engage early with our clients to identify which business challenges can be transformed through better use of data and analytics. As an analytics consultant you will demonstrate the potential and the business case, and then collaborate with clients to build capability and ensure benefits are realised and embedded within the business.
What differentiates us is our ability to seamlessly work together with business units across the wider Capgemini Invent Group. Our blended delivery models maximise value for clients by leveraging assets across our Consulting, Insights and Data, Applications, Infrastructure and Strategic Research Teams. This breadth and depth of expertise allows us to deliver bigger and better analytics projects.
You will gain experience on a wide array of projects, working with clients in various sectors including Consumer Products and Retail, Financial Services and Insurance, Government and Utilities. You will also have the chance to develop your expertise in helping clients change the way they work, behave and achieve their goals. This will include:
- Using modellingand analytically based techniques to solve business problems as part of a major business transformation.
- Working on specialised piecesof work such as statistical analysis, economic modelling, business case development, risk modelling, optimisation, simulation, systems dynamics and forecasting.
- Developing and using modellingtools to support strategic decision making.
- Supporting client to design, build and implementanalytics based solutions.
- Advising and supporting our clientsbuild and transform their analytics capability.
- Developing both thought leadership points of viewand new service offerings to differentiate us in the marketplace.
- Project supportor PMO that will increase your commercial awareness and a level of business acumen that can set you apart from your peers
Learning and Development
You will undergo a 2 week face to face induction, which is followed by a 3-day off-site Consulting Skills Workshop run by our renowned Capgemini University.
In our Analytics Consulting Academy (ACA), the qualifications you work towards will enable you to become a well-rounded data and analytics consultant. Our training covers a wide range of disciplines, combining the development of technical and analytic skills with that of general consulting skills. As member of the ACA, you will gain expertise on topics such as data science, visualisation, modelling and business case development, getting to complete the Microsoft Data Science accreditation with our 2 year support, in addition to other business ones available through the core management consulting programme.
You will get to choose from a suite of accreditations including:
- Microsoft Data Science accreditation
- PRINCE2 Foundation Level
- CIMA’s Financial Management for Business qualification
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Apart from direct client exposure and development of industrial knowledge, Capgemini Invent also presents the opportunity to get involved in a variety of internal initiatives and learn about the aspects of the company that are most of your interest. This will rapidly improve your commercial awareness and give you the chance to lead teams and practice your skills in a safe environment.
You will be part of a tight-knit community, always supporting your development and helping you achieve your career goals. Weekly team meet-ups will expose you to new tools, methodologies, and cutting-edge work. Regular Analytics social events are organised throughout the year, including ‘away-days’, each of which give you the chance to learn about how analytics is being used in a variety of industries.
Overall, training and talent growth is our fundamental stone which Capgemini Invent uses to achieve its big ambitions. So expect the training, support and challenge you need to capitalise on what makes you special – and to confidently pursue the career path that most inspires you.
What You will need
We are particularly interested to hear from you if you have experience working in the industries we operate in and are interested in starting a career in Management Consulting.
You will be or have:
- Great at building relationships and fostering trust
- A strong desire to further your own personal development
- To be comfortable working away from home for up to 5 days per week
- A keen interest in the use of analytical tools and techniques. As well as the ability and appetite to analyse data with a variety of tools, with some experience from either working on a project at university or during some relevant work experience
- At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video interviewing and assessment centres.
What You Will Do
If you wonder what exactly your steep ACA learning curve will probably look like in the beginning of your career in Capgemini, the following summary of information should be precisely what you look for. Get ready, set, go…!
What roles will I most likely be placed at?
FTE Modelling, Capacity Modelling, Data Science People and Development, Analytics Operating Model, Customer Journeys Analyst / Data Visualisation, Business Analyst
What clients will I most likely work for?
- Financial institutions & Banking Sector: Lloyd’s Banking Group, HSBC, Bank of Ireland, Deutsche Bank
- Central Government & Government Departments: HMRC, Department for Education, NHS
- Utilities: National Grid, Thames Water, Scottish Water
- Consumer Products & Retail: IKEA, Burberry, Unilever, Co-Op, Burberry
- Automotive: BMW
- Transport: Heathrow Airport
What Analytics-Related tools will I most likely use?
SQL Management Studio, Power BI, Qlik, Excel, Python, R, Tableau
What training opportunities will I be exploring?
Microsoft Data Science accreditation, management consultant qualifications (e.g. project management skills), optional management consultant qualifications (e.g. communication skills, programming, Lean, Agile), Agile
We’re closed for 2019
- Register an Interest for 2020