The focus of your role
We are looking for a XAMARIN Lead Mobile Software Engineer to join the Mobile Delivery Team within our Digital organisation, working within one of our scrum teams to build and maintain, change and further evolve both existing and new products.
What you’ll do
You’ll sustain our client's culture of continuous improvement both from a process and technical perspective, ensuring that:
• Focus on building a great mobile experience, constantly innovating what is possible on Mobile to deliver new and exciting experiences to our users.
• When the code leaves development, it is production ready.
• If you change code, you only ever make it better .
• SOLID/KISS principles are followed.
• Keep re-use at the forefront of your mind.
• Frequently deliver high value features to our customers.
• Automated testing is utilised to ensure quality is maintained.
• Agile techniques such as BDD are used to ensure the whole team is involved in delivering the right solution to customers.
You’ll be responsible for
• Performing analysis, development and delivery of high quality cross-platform mobile applications using the Xamarin Platform.
• Technical Lead for scrum teams in the creation and expansion of our mobile applications, becoming a valued team member.
• Undertaking design and code reviews to ensure our apps meet functional and non functional requirements and proactively identifying where changes are required to maintain these in the future
• Contributing to the development of solutions that meet the strategic requirements of our business.
• Fostering team spirit and collaboration within your team
• Leading the way by engaging and contributing to the technical capability of our products to ensure they are the best fit for our customers
• Identifying improvement opportunities such as enhancements to standards or technical innovations to increase the quality and efficiency of delivery. Providing technical expertise and collaborating in teams operating across Digital. Working with scrum team members and the Scrum Master and Product Owner to deliver focused, value driven changes to a high quality standard.
• Bringing your technical expertise of like minded developers to want to develop the best
• Fostering team spirit and collaboration within your team.
• Engaging and contributing to the technical capability of our products to ensure they are the best fit for our customers
What you’ll bring
- Experienced and confident lead developers who want to develop great products, on a large scale
- Bringing people on board who are able to demonstrate commercial experience in building C# MVVM mobile applications using Xamarin
- Experienced working within an agile environment; able to identify and create epics, write user stories, t-shirt sizing and pointing
- Should have knowledge of modern software engineering practices, such as Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Code Analysis software (Sonar)
- Source Code Management (GIT)
- Experience in consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience in negotiating, influencing, effectively challenging and gaining commitment
- Excellent knowledge of industry direction and trends within Web and Mobile application development
- Should have Mobile Applications development for both iOS & Android, Agile BDD techniques, SOLID/KISS, experience in developing responsive UI
- Source Code Management (GIT, Stash)
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.