The Sustainability Solutions Capability team is at the forefront of innovative strategy and technology and it is our role to shape the way Capgemini Invent creates long term, sustainable value for clients, enabling them with fresh perspectives and digital solutions so that they can play a transformative role in addressing planetary, people and systems challenges.
An overview of the role
“No organisation will prosper beyond 2030 without sustainability integrated at its core.”
Cyril Garcia, Capgemini Invent CEO.
At Capgemini Invent, we believe that sustainability is the next economy. We are not only committed to becoming a net zero business and will be carbon neutral by 2025, but also are committed to helping our clients decarbonise.
At the heart of the Sustainability Solutions team strategy is cross sector collaboration to drive transformational, systemic change in the UK. This point of differentiation enables us to deliver not only for client’s specific requirements but to make connections to seize opportunities to drive industry level change.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses, and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Why this role?
As a part of the leadership community, it is your role to seize opportunities and have an entrepreneurial approach to innovation and business development. You’ll help set the direction, driving forward the business, model our values and behaviours, and coach and develop junior members of the team. Key expectations from this role include:
- UK leadership and accountability across the suite of sustainability service offerings
- Responsibility for continuously evolving and iterating sustainability propositions, so they are contextually relevant for the UK market and in line with UK legislation and reporting requirements
- Accountable for winning consulting revenues and aiding in the growth of the sustainability agenda putting it at the forefront of all matters.
- Line management of colleagues
- Ideally you shall have strong expertise in sustainable operations, sustainable IT and net zero strategies.
- Innovative and not afraid to fail, you are a mover and a shaker
- A team player, collaborative, cooperative and a dot joiner
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organisation, and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering consulting solutions.
- Experience of proposition building and delivery.
- Currently working in a major Consulting firm, and/or in industry but having a Consulting background.
- Business development – utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network, you’ll be generating c.£2m of consulting revenues (Director) /c.4m of consulting revenues (Vice President).
Capgemini Invent is uniquely placed in the consulting market to deliver sustainable transformation. Our sector expertise, digital know how, engineering, design, facilitation and activists’ brands combined with the Sustainability Solutions team expert practitioners, set us apart and enable us to go beyond writing strategies to delivering change.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 9th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.