For us, the true user experience is one that adds the best value, it is easy to use and beautifully designed – linking user needs with business goals. We are looking for a Experience Designer with a mix of skills to deliver just that. Awesomeness. This is a client facing role, aimed at discovering user needs and business requirements, working iteratively with stakeholders, users and development teams to design experiences and prototypes to address pain points and journeys identified and validated with users. Think user and business value, devices, user interfaces, interaction and visual design, creativity and design thinking.
The Digital Experience team produce digital experiences for enterprise clients, providing complex solutions in content management, digital marketing, e-commerce and technical systems. We are an award winning multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, architects, strategists, and digital cosultants. We create, manage and deliver first class experiences to the best companies in the world. We find the right balance between user, business and technology.
We represent the new breed of consultants that bring flair and delight to the corporate world and increasingly the consumer market. We work with Macbook Pros, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision and the Shutterstock library. And before you ask, you are not required to wear a suit, but smart enough to leave a slick lasting “design” impression. Working with the experience team is an experience in itself for clients and team members.
• Research user and business, turning these into insights that will help define user journeys and inform design.
• Run workshops with stakeholders, users and technical team to align vision, drive consensus and insight discovery.
• Draw insights and reveal pain points in order to uncover where the opportunities are, leading to where the value is to the business and users.
• Design user interfaces for both mobile, tablet and desktop, including best practices in IA, navigation and flows for web, iOS and Android.
• Use Sketch and InVision to quickly create and iterate clickable prototypes for user testing and validation.
• Design beautiful consumer grade digital products (UI), including visual and interaction design.
• Experience in writing and conducting usability tests against clickable prototypes, take feedback and incorporate it into the design for further tests/ iterations.
• Work in Agile to keep on designing your finding along the way back into your designs.
• Aware of technical possibilities / able to liaise with tech team to build tech considerations into design.
• Iterate your ideas and designs until you have achieved a good balance between technical constraints, business requirements and user needs.
• Deliver great user experiences through interfaces that are relevant (doing the right thing), easy to use (doing it right), beautiful and on brand (trustworthy).
• Experience in GDS is desirable.
• For senior roles: Lead projects and couch junior members of the team. Help drive the team’s vision and direction.
• Solid experience as a UX designer with research, design, prototype, UI and visual design skills.
• Proven experience of linking user needs with business goals
• Experience in research to inform your designs and protoypes.
• Ability to draw insights from research and present it in a compelling way.
• Demonstrable experience of Mobile and Web, understanding UI / IA best practices for mobile and web across all platforms.
• Experience of working in agile teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment.
• Working with both clients and developers to bring your designs to life, balancing technical constraints, business requirements and user needs.
• Facilitation of client workshops in order to gather requirements and evolve your designs.
• Experience of UX tooling, specifically Sketch, InVision, and Adobe CC.
• Beautiful UI design.
• Drive to participate and actively contribute to the team’s sucesss and direction.
• Keen to learn, evolve, and continually challenge yourself and the way you do things
• Experience in the what (UX) and the How (UI).
• Design Thinking experience a plus.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.