Our market-leading clients are exploring how new business opportunities can be inspired from, and driven by, technology. With pressure to keep costs under control, and to realise business benefits, the Future of Technology team within Capgemini Invent exists to drive this business transformation with our clients.
User research is vital to any technology solution. So it will come as no surprise that our User Researchers are deeply valued by our talented UX community.
Match our innovative designers’ passion for collaboration – both with each other and their clients – and you’ll enjoy scaling private and public sector technology challenges. As part of a team where creativity and ingenuity aren’t just welcomed, but expected.
The focus of your role
You’ll know all too well just how confusing some websites can be – how many times has Alexa, Google or Siri misunderstood you? As a User Researcher, you’ll use different techniques to find out users’ needs, motivations and pain points and inform the design of a system or service.
It’s something that calls for a wide range of skills, as you’ll interview users, create detailed plans, understand and extrapolate data, facilitate workshops, present research findings and more.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll do
- Identify users and use the best research method to discover their needs.
- Lead research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, user testing.
- Create quick sketches, paper prototypes and translate them to fully functional prototypes that are used in the private beta phase, and preparing for GDS assessment for public beta and live
- Create a user journey map derived from qualitative research with users
- Build and enhance our agile delivery team’s effectiveness.
- Everything you do will be valued by our designers and developers, and help to create the best end-to-end experience for users, regardless of their device or their skill level.
What you’ll bring
- Have professional and academic, expert-level understanding of the strengths and limitations of user research and other user-centred design methods, tools and practices.
- A track record of working on Agile Delivery
- Experience in hosting workshops.
- User Research, ideally with experience with GDS.
- Production of user maps and process maps.
- Creation of clear reports detailing findings.
- Solid communication skills, with the astuteness to really listen and confidence to reach your target audience.
- Impressive problem-solving capabilities.
- We are looking for candidates with UK residency for the last five years with no more than six months out of the country (in order to meet security clearance requirements).
What We Offer
Capgemini Invent offers a cultural environment for consultants to learn, to take ownership and contribute to business growth
- Our consultants are formally trained from industry experts on management consulting and client delivery.
- Client engagements give you the opportunity to work with our leadership and experienced consulting management, where you can learn from them, challenge them and accelerate your hands-on experience, delivery capability and industry insights.
- You’ll learn how we write compelling client propositions, structure and lead high-profile transformation, and gain hands-on exposure to leading technologies, often taking an idea from a concept to a vision, to strategy and then execution
- Les Fontaines: Capgemini Invent has a unique training environment just outside of Paris, where we can immerse ourselves in thought-leadership, share knowledge and build capabilities which will help us and our clients to succeed.
- We hold monthly showcases of our digital transformation initiatives, sharing knowledge and showing off how the power of technology is impacting our clients.
- There are monthly team drinks, and it’s a chance to connect face-to-face with the wider team over a few drinks in the city. The monthly team breakfasts give you a different, more relaxed setting to meet up in the office on Fridays to hear from the leadership, meet colleagues and discuss the trends and insights within the market. Team away days are always a chance to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new – sometimes even pizza-making or shuffle boarding
At Capgemini Invent we pride ourselves on our collaborative innovation culture and we provide our consultants the autonomy to drive their career and develop the skills they need to achieve success. Those who are offered to attend our Talent Selection Events will be given the opportunity to meet members of the team and learn more about Capgemini Invent and what we do.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.