The job on offer
You will be part of a small and dedicated team of server engineers responsible for all aspects in the management of Oracle Solaris & SUSE/Redhat Linux Server infrastructure which includes both BAU and project activities. There will be an expectation of providing an out of hour’s on-call service and there may be scope for off-site working for part of the week. We expect good communication skills and a strong team working approach in helping to deliver excellent customer service.
• Be responsible for overall
o Incident Management – Investigate, diagnose and restore service
o Change Management – Plan, represent and implement changes
o Problem Management – Identify root cause and implement permanent fixes
• Support an extensive HP/Sun/Oracle Server environment.
• Support Solaris 8, 9, 10
• Support SUSE 12 & 15 and Linux RedHat Linux 7
• Monitor services using Idera Uptime/ BMC Truesight Operations Manager environment management toolsets
• Implement new Services and changes to the existing environment
• Work within a defined SLA and proactively manage the team ticket queue
• Work with other 3rd parties to collectively support the same customer
• Document existing and new service environments
• Ansible Automation Software
• Oracle Operations Center Toolset
• Oracle VM Server (Zones & LDOM) and Oracle Clustering
- Experience in Linux redhat
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build & maintain working relationships with internal & external customers
- Systematic, disciplined & analytical approach to problem solving
- SC Clearance, or be eligible for SC clearance
- Participation in an on-call support rota and out of hours work
Why Capgemini is unique
- We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
- Capgemini offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions. For example, if you want to become a ‘People Manager’ Connected Manager learning journey is there for you. If you want to become an ‘Architect’ our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
- Benefit from learning for life with Capgemini’s unique and innovative L&D offering. This is driven by our digital learning platform ‘Next’ and our ‘Learning for all’ mindset.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com