A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
We are looking for people that are passionate about delivering and continually improving our development and testing processes, ideally also possessing strong consulting skills.
As a Test Engineer you will work as part of an agile software development team to drive quality for both functional and non-functional requirements.
The team is relatively new and the Scala codebase growing rapidly so this position suits someone who can hit the ground running, form good working relationships quickly and also add value by introducing best practice design and techniques learned elsewhere.
The role requires a solid engineering background.
You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
● Solid experience of working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban etc)
● Good knowledge of Java or JVM languages such as Scala, Groovy etc
● Expertise with test automation tools and frameworks
○ UI testing – Selenium or any equivalent front-end browser based testing framework
○ API testing – web services / RESTful (using RestAssured or similar)
○ Gherkin based BDD framework (such as Cucumber)
● Collaborative skills
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Excellent understanding of non-functional requirements, test analysis, software engineering
principles and continuous improvement methods
● Understanding scope and limitations of different test types
● Defect management and Triage process
● Understanding of the benefits and differences between UI/API/Integration and Unit testing
● A good understanding of the following testing approaches:
○ Test data creation and management strategies
○ Exploratory Testing
○ Automated Testing
○ Load / Soak / Performance Testing
○ Usability Testing
○ Security Testing
○ Operational Testing (Stability/Backup and Recovery/DR)
● Good working knowledge of the following:
○ User story creation and elaboration
○ Understanding of how physical architecture affects QA
○ Continuous Delivery
● Experience in using the Atlassian product suite is preferable (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that a traditional working week isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.